• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

csmith
#1 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 10:33:43 PM(UTC)
csmith

Hello,

I posted a question over an hour ago in the v5 pre-sales questions forum and it hasn't shown up yet?

How long does this 'moderation' period take? After I've been a member for awhile do I still get 'moderated' I've never been in a moderated forum, seems like it slows down the flow of free information.

Thanks

Chris
Cliff
#2 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2007 11:56:19 PM(UTC)
Cliff

It happens whenever someone from BV is around to moderate, generally EST business hours. This is a relatively new thing.

It does slow down or even stop the process; I often just don't post because I don't have the time for the moderation workflow. It would be nice to at least see which forums are moderated, or to not be moderated because of my post count and/or history of being relatively helpful pre-moderation.
csmith
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:32:08 AM(UTC)
csmith

Hello Cliff,

Thank you for the reply, I would exspect such things if I was in China. I've tried to answer a couple of posts, and it would really be helpful as you pointed out to know which are moderated forums and which are not. When I'm online I'd like 'some dialog' and not have to wait for the 'MAN' before I can get some :)

Chris
csmith
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:35:07 AM(UTC)
csmith

fyi: These are the two forums which require moderation that I've posted to so far.

BV Commerce 5 Bug Reports (suspected SP2 issues)

BV Commerce 5 Bug pre sales questions.

Chris.
csmith
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:54:15 AM(UTC)
csmith

'It happens whenever someone from BV is around to moderate, generally EST business hours. This is a relatively new thing.'

So when someone is around to moderate this will happen? How long will the wait be when they are not around to moderate?

Chris
MitchA
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 7:58:38 AM(UTC)
MitchA

Moderated forums have two choices. Stand at the gate or police the playground.

I'm very active on a laser/CNC/woodworking forum that's very strictly moderated, but the posts are public immediately making a very comfortable and timely exchange possible. The moderator weeds out a few posts now and then that break the rules, but it's so infrequent that we choose to put up with an occasionally objectionable post. I've seen 3 this year out of hundreds. No big deal.

I'm all for moderation, but I'd like to see after-post moderation here also. Waiting a day or two to exchange 2 or 3 paragraphs is tiresome and time consuming.

Not being able to 'private message' directly to the party that needs immediate help is also a mystery. I've gotten out of a few tough spots in just a few minutes via PM on other forums. I have no doubt that the BVC support desk would see less action if we could just speed up the forum's post/response. This can be a real big help when the clock is galloping towards 5:00. If you need help on a weekend....
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Matt@9BallDesign
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:12:13 PM(UTC)
Matt@9BallDesign

If a post has to be moderated, that means it is read by BV prior to approval?

When there are questions that can be directly answerd by BV within the thread, why are the questios rarely answered?

Do we need to be submitting support requests elsewhere?
Matt Martell

http://www.9balldesign.com - Web, Print, Graphic

http://www.martellhardware.com/ - Decorative & Builder's Hardware

------------------------------------------------
MitchA
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:27:57 PM(UTC)
MitchA

Matt, I've asked many questions here. Often, the post doesn't show up for a day or two. I've learned that when this happens, I just wait and my question and an answer (often with some code or a replacement file attached) are posted at the same time.

It just looks like my question has left the planet... I usually get a fix, so, yes I think they do read and hold onto some posts. I'd much rather see the request for assistence right away so I know that it's gotten through, and to give anyone else a shot at refing me to a related thread.

As it's presently run, this is still a better attended forum than some out there. There is room for improvement.

One big step in the right direction would be a better search function. I know I've seen threads that have a bit of info I need - if I can't find it, I ask again. Big waste of bandwidth. I'm getting good at watching people's handles go by page after page if I'm sure they had a post in a thread I'm looking for. Dumb filter I know, but it sometimes gets me to the thread I need - sometimes it's one I started!!
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Matt@9BallDesign
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:41:10 PM(UTC)
Matt@9BallDesign

Well, I guess where I'm really going with my thread is that I have asked some questions that I feel need to be answer by BV as it pertains to OOTB functionality. Is posting these questions going to get a response in the forums from BV?

With the new forums structure recently implemented, is this forum (in it's entirety) heading in a different direction?

Should we be submitting our support requests via another channel to allow us developers and designers to effectively build and deliver BV5 projects on time to our own client base?
Matt Martell

http://www.9balldesign.com - Web, Print, Graphic

http://www.martellhardware.com/ - Decorative & Builder's Hardware

------------------------------------------------
Marcus
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:43:32 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Chris,

99.9% uptime guarantee. Attachment B should not have been referenced in the agreement and we will modify it shortly to reflect that.
Marcus
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2007 7:50:31 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Matt,

It has always been our policy that support questions should be sent to our support staff via phone or through the ticketing system. We try to answer as many questions as possible on the forums but the only way to guarantee our response and tracking is through the ticketing system or via phone.
Coleen
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2007 11:00:22 AM(UTC)
Coleen

Compared to just about any company we've dealt with, BV is near the top/the top. We may not always like the answers (joking) but they are always very quick.
Harpernd
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 10:38:18 PM(UTC)

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified