• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

michael_b
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 1:05:00 PM(UTC)
michael_b

BV Commerce - 2020.0.1.3535

1. I was wondering if there's a way to add a product to the store and make it not searchable from the search box?

2. Create a custom page with hardcoded Add To Cart button and one product. I also want to make this button linkable to my shopping cart. What would be the link from this hardcoded button to the shopping cart?

Thank you!
Aaron
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 3:39:41 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: michael_b Go to Quoted Post
1. I was wondering if there's a way to add a product to the store and make it not searchable from the search box?

Assuming that the product is active, no. Excluding certain active products from site search would require customization.

2. Create a custom page with hardcoded Add To Cart button and one product. I also want to make this button linkable to my shopping cart. What would be the link from this hardcoded button to the shopping cart?

See this forum post for details:
https://www.bvcommerce.com/forum/yaf_postst6483_Add-To-Cart-Button-on-Custom-Page.aspx

Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
michael_b
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 7:17:49 PM(UTC)
michael_b

Aaron,

I looked at the forum you referred to and yes, /Cart.aspx?quickaddsku=PRODUCT_SKU link works for 'Add To Cart' button from the custom page but there's a 'Out Of Stock' message on the cart page once you add it to the shopping cart (assuming that product is Not Active). So, in order for me to add any product to the shopping cart using the link above I would need to have a PRODUCT_SKU. It's only possible if I enter this product to the database. When product is in database and Active it's become searchable from the search box, this is what I'm trying to avoid. Does this product should be Active or Not Active? How can I add this product to the shopping cart without seeing 'Out Of Stock' message on the cart page?

Thank you
Aaron
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 8:12:51 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

So, in order for me to add any product to the shopping cart using the link above I would need to have a PRODUCT_SKU. It's only possible if I enter this product to the database. When product is in database and Active it's become searchable from the search box, this is what I'm trying to avoid.

Correct

How can I add this product to the shopping cart without seeing 'Out Of Stock' message on the cart page?

You can't, at least without some kind of customization.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
michael_b
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 2:55:18 PM(UTC)
michael_b

Aaron,

When you mentioned about customization, did you mean to customize /Cart.aspx or other file?

Thank you
Aaron
#6 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2021 9:03:21 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

That really depends how the developer chooses to do the customization. As is often the case there are a number of solutions to a given problem. Balancing the functional requirements, future extensibility, code isolation (for ease of BVC upgrades), and budget are all part of the calculus.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
 1 user thanked Aaron for this useful post.