• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

michael_b
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:58:46 PM(UTC)
michael_b

I don't receive any emails from The Contact Us page and no New Order emails notification. It's been a while and I. When I go to Site Settings ---> Mail Server and try to Send Test Message it works fine but still no emails from Contact US page and New Order emails. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 11:01:17 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
The first step is to verify that the email address(es) being used for the contact page and new order are correct. Go to Options >> Site Settings >> Email Addresses to do that.

The next thing to check is that the email templates don't have any issues. Using an incorrect replacement tag (token) can cause the processing to fail. You could try copy/pasting the template content from the demo store into your templates to test them.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
michael_b
#3 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 12:37:16 PM(UTC)
michael_b

Finally all my emails works properly with few issues:

1. When I put tracking number in system and charge customer, customer receive an order update email with the COMPLETE status but there's no tracking info...

2. I get bunch of spam email through the Contact US form. I'm tired to delete them all day.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Aaron
#4 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2020 2:01:34 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: michael_b Go to Quoted Post
1. When I put tracking number in system and charge customer, customer receive an order update email with the COMPLETE status but there's no tracking info...

The behavior can vary significantly if the standard out-of-the-box workflows and email templates have been modified. So, first I would verify that your workflows match that of the demo store and that the email template(s) being used include the tracking number tokens.

Out of the box this is how it should work:

When you 'ship' the final (or only) package from the order's shipping page, the order will be marked 'fully shipped' and an email will be sent to the customer using the "Shipping Update Template" template.

Originally Posted by: michael_b Go to Quoted Post
2. I get bunch of spam email through the Contact US form. I'm tired to delete them all day.

BV Commerce 2020 added the option of a CAPTCHA to the contact form to reduce SPAM.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012