• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TKatch
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 5:42:01 PM(UTC)
TKatch

So, a customer owes a small amount of money. Is there a way to flag or put a hold on a user account? Maybe blocks them from ordering and give a text box reason why? I know there is a Fraud Screening that will block someone but that seems like a permanent ban the way it is used.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 8:07:54 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
This would require custom development.

Account balance information would be handy as it could then be coded against (e.g. if balance > $X don't allow checkout). The problem I see with this is that most merchants I speak with that do this kind of B2B business don't often have a tight enough integration between their backend accounting/billing system to permit this. Perhaps more importantly is that every merchant will have different business rules and policies that they wish to implement which could make it difficult for us to provide a useful solution that benefits everyone.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
TKatch
#3 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 8:36:48 AM(UTC)
TKatch

Yes, automatic flagging might be an issue. Even we have certain types of clients that we allow to have an open balance while placing a new order.

But a simpler option would be to make the Account Locked button on the Edit User page more robust. Right now the check box only functions to uncheck an automatically locked account. If it could be checkable without timing out automatically, or if there were another button beneath it that functioned this way, I could simply lock or unlock an account with a nice little note under it saying, "Don't allow orders until $45 balance is paid".