• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

globalweb9
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:17:53 PM(UTC)
globalweb9

United States

Have an existing customer site set up as a dev site and ran the 2018 upgrade on it (upgrade from 2013 to 2018). Their old theme had many customizations to main ASPX pages for layout only, so ran thru those changes and have everything working EXCEPT

1. the 301 redirects

category1.html -> 301 redirects to --> category1.aspx
product1.html -> 301 redirects to --> product1.aspx

I get an "Error finding page / An error occurred while trying to find the specified page" error content block on the "pagename.html" address page. I am assuming it does not find the redirect code???

I know this has to be something very simple. All 301 redirects are in the BVAdmin settings. I did not see any redirect code in the Controls folder.

I am changing there old static menu links to reflect the aspx page extensions, but still need the redirects to operate correctly for SEO/SE's

anyone else having any issues with the 301 redirects after an upgrade?

2. Shipping Calcs are strange... (exact same items in cart on both sites; same user account logged in with on both sites)

old 2013 site - shows only one option

$78.20 - US Postal Service - Priority Mail
(no UPS shipping options at all - does this has to do with changes on UPS's API?)

new 2018 site shows no USPS options - ??? - only UPS options...

$73.68 - UPS Ground
$148.90 - UPS Three Day Select
$153.36 - UPS Ground (<-- duplicated shipping type ???)
$207.41 - UPS Second Day Air
$280.42 - UPS Next Day Air Saver
$293.14 - UPS Next Day Air

Thanks in advance!
---
Randy Armbrecht
RichWeb, Inc.
Global Web Solutions
http://richweb.com
http://globalweb.net
Aaron
#2 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 9:54:56 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: globalweb9 Go to Quoted Post
1. the 301 redirects

category1.html -> 301 redirects to --> category1.aspx
product1.html -> 301 redirects to --> product1.aspx

I get an "Error finding page / An error occurred while trying to find the specified page" error content block on the "pagename.html" address page. I am assuming it does not find the redirect code???

Here are some things to check:
  1. Is the redirector enabled (Options >> Site Settings >> Redirector)?
  2. Are custom errors enabled in the Web.config? It should look like this:

Code:
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="~/Error.aspx" redirectMode="ResponseRewrite" />

2. Shipping Calcs are strange... (exact same items in cart on both sites; same user account logged in with on both sites)

old 2013 site - shows only one option

$78.20 - US Postal Service - Priority Mail
(no UPS shipping options at all - does this has to do with changes on UPS's API?)

Yes, the lack of TLS 1.2 support is why you are not getting UPS rates.

new 2018 site shows no USPS options - ??? - only UPS options...

Most likely this is because the merchant does not have dimensions entered for their products. We made some changes in 2018 to provide more accurate package dimension data to USPS to get more accurate rates and methods back from their API. However, for merchant without any dimensions for their products this is causing an issue. While I wouldn't call this a bug per se we will be making a change in the next release to more gracefully handle this situation. That said, more accurate results will always be attained when item dimensions are provided. As an aside, FedEx also requires item dimensions.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
globalweb9
#3 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 10:29:03 AM(UTC)
globalweb9

United States

1. 301 redirects:
OK - I'm dumb. Redirector was not turned on (that setting should have been left intact from the upgrade...). This is good now. Custom errors were on RemoteOnly, but this was showing the same thing on local server browser and nothing was showing up in the Audit log on these errors (just an FYI)

2. New Shipping rate issue: the product I have tested in cart does have full info for shipping - dimensions and weight. I have tried a single item and multiple of same item for the test between old and new sites for comparison (thinking that maybe the multiple of same item exceeded a size limit somewhere down the line) but still no USPS rates on new site
---
Randy Armbrecht
RichWeb, Inc.
Global Web Solutions
globalweb9
#4 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 10:47:25 AM(UTC)
globalweb9

United States

ok - strange! i just retried adding 3 of this item to cart, and USPS priority mail showed up this time. Just need to verify with customer the rates displaying now...

$19.98 $0.00 - UPS Ground
$35.40 - US Postal Service - Priority Mail
$45.96 - UPS Ground
$63.78 - UPS Three Day Select
$85.91 - UPS Second Day Air
$138.71 - UPS Next Day Air Saver
$145.18 - UPS Next Day Air

[While I'm on this return rate list, is there a way to easily modify the first return - coupon used for free shipping - to not display (or strikeout) the first value in that first option?]

I still see a strange double UPS Ground (with different rates on it) but I think the double listing is due to customer having a 2nd UPS-Ground method setup that is discounted 100% so they can do a phone order via admin console and apply free shipping to special customers. But it is still strange that the amounts on these 2 UPS Grounds are so different
---
Randy Armbrecht
RichWeb, Inc.
Global Web Solutions
Aaron
#5 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 1:30:50 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
[While I'm on this return rate list, is there a way to easily modify the first return - coupon used for free shipping - to not display (or strikeout) the first value in that first option?]

That's a styling issue. You should add a style to the style sheet like this:

Code:
.shippingdiscount {text-decoration:line-through;}

I still see a strange double UPS Ground (with different rates on it) but I think the double listing is due to customer having a 2nd UPS-Ground method setup that is discounted 100% so they can do a phone order via admin console and apply free shipping to special customers. But it is still strange that the amounts on these 2 UPS Grounds are so different

This is likely due to however your client has setup their shipping methods. Just because the method names says "UPS Ground" doesn't mean that it's actually using the UPS Ground real-time.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
globalweb9
#6 Posted : Friday, January 26, 2018 3:04:03 PM(UTC)
globalweb9

United States

thank you Aaron! My suspicions on the 2nd UPS shipping is from their add of a 2nd UPS Ground shipping method for the manual admin 100% shipping discount for special customers.

I am going to work on a redo of their site and see if I can clean it up some with the Responsive Bootstrap template
---
Randy Armbrecht
RichWeb, Inc.
Global Web Solutions