• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

pread
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 8:46:46 PM(UTC)
pread

Hello,

Today I have been battling visual studio trying to get a clean compilation of the bv2015-2 unmodified project that I downloaded today. I keep getting errors related to the Foundation 4 theme. Oddly the errors are not always consistent, mostly it is complaining about a circular reference related to the messagebox control.

I decided to remove the theme. I then found a reference to the foundation 4 theme from outside of the theme directory, and thought that this must be a mistake.

www/BVModules/Controls/ForgotPassword.ascx registers the MessageBox.ascx control from within the foundation 4 theme directory.

I changed it to reference the control in the BVModules/Controls directory, but since the whole responsive theme stuff is new to me, I decided to get confirmation that I am not the one making a mistake.

Am I correct?

Thank you,

Paul
pread
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 11:50:45 PM(UTC)
pread

Nevermind,

Not sure what happened but I tried it again with different result. That file seems right now but I still can't get a clean compilation.

Sorry for the error.

Paul
Aaron
#3 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 10:04:36 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Paul,

What compilation errors are you getting now?

It sounds like your compilation errors are limited to the website project, not any of the assemblies. Since this is a website project you do not need to compile it; it is compiled at runtime. I'm guessing that you are not getting any runtime errors. Most likely any compilation errors you are getting are happening Visual Studio thinks that the control in the Register directive is being used but in fact that path can be changed at runtime by the new theme overriding functionality. You can learn more about that at the link below:

http://www.bvcommerce.co...Architecture-in-BVC-2015
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
pread
#4 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 11:01:25 AM(UTC)
pread

Aaron,

Thank you for the information.

The errors are confined to the website project. There are no runtime errors. I'll stop compiling the website project.

Thank you,

Paul