• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Aaron
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:50:31 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
The number one complaint I hear from merchants about BV 5 is how slow and inaccurate the site search is. Our new site search engine is your answer (and I really wish we had developed this years ago)! In addition to being blindingly fast (finally allowing you to search the Long Description field without a performance penalty), you can actually 'tune' the search to produce the best results for your product catalog. What this means, for example, is that you can specify that a match in the SKU and Product Name fields are given more weight than matches in the Long Description. In addition to searching the same fields that the out-of-the-box search does, the site search engine can also search the Product Type Name, Meta Title, and all of these fields for choice combinations (variants)! Take a look at the attached screen shot of the admin to see the field selection and weighting is managed.

Searchable Fields

*SKU
    *Product Name
    *Product Type Name
    *Short Description
    *Long Description
    *Meta Title
    *Meta Description
    *Meta Keywords
    *Keywords
    *Choice combinations (variants)

Installation
This is a drop-in component that does not require any Core changes, recompiling, etc. BV 5.7.1 or above is required.

Demo
Below are two sites running our site search engine. You’ll notice that the default sort order is "Best Match"; this sorts the results by their relevancy (how closely they match the search). One improvement we've made with the search form is to combine BV's 'sort by' and 'sort order' into a single sorting option. Note that you can still sort reverse alphabetical and by vendor, but we’re removed those features for these sites.

http://www.modernbathroom.com
Fields searched: SKU, Product Name, Long Description, choice combinations (variants)

http://www.cpapsupplyusa.com
Fields searched: SKU, Product Name, Product Type Name, Long Description, choice combinations (variants)

Pricing
$399 per site

Email "info AT develisys DOT com" or call 1-866-674-4770 (ask for Aaron) for questions or to purchase.
Aaron attached the following image(s):
search-admin.PNG (39kb) downloaded 107 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
Steve95
#2 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 4:47:58 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Aaron

Does this include the source code?
Aaron
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:06:03 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: "Steve95" Go to Quoted Post
Does this include the source code?

Yes! The only source code that is not included is the actual functions that talk to the database which are part of our toolkit. These functions do not do anything other than call the database, so you have access to all code that affects the search functionality.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
sternyy
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:16:00 PM(UTC)
sternyy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We recently installed this add-on. I'm amazed at how fast and relevant the search results are. You do have to tweak the settings a bit to achieve results unique to your store, but once that is done you're all set. As always, thanks Aaron!
mmjenkins
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:41:11 PM(UTC)
mmjenkins

I was having so much trouble with my BV Commerce (5.8) search that a woman in New York City ordered a big order and then lamented not being able to buy a certain product that we totally had on our website. She just couldn't find it because the search did not bring it up. When putting in plurals of products, the singular did not show up in the standard BV search. We had the BV set by word and not by phrase. That search was low matching for us without doing a lot of search keyword work. What good does it do to have tons of items on your website if nobody can find them?
I purchased this search plug-in from Develisys ($399, a total bargain) 7 months after I launched my new site and it has changed my world. It plugs in with very little effort and suddenly you can find anything on the whole website. You can sort by different fields and set it up with the parameters you choose. It's smart, fast and will make your search completely efficient. I am amazed. It is inexpensive and I wish I had bought it as soon as I launched my site.

I also bought the site map plug in ($399)from Develisys for my new site and it also works so well. You can change the structure of your categories and additions and deletions with out having to do anything as this plug-in does it all automatically. It also includes 6 feeds.

I am so impressed, I am working on getting their One Page Shopping Cart($199) because I know it will improve my cart. I am having trouble with my Google Analytics picking up all of my sales and my current shopping cart is more complicated than it used to be before the compliance changes. My customers love plain and simple and one page sounds just about right.

I am very impressed with my Develisys plug ins and would like everybody to know and not struggle like I have.
Bv Commerce has worked well for my online business but these added extras have really made me like it better because it is smoother and much more user friendly. Well worth the price and so well tested.

Martha Jenkins
Kitchenworks
www.kitchenworksinc.com
Aaron
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:32:32 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Thanks, Martha! Glad you're so pleased with the results.

The sitemap plugin that Martha mentioned is our feed engine, which actually sells for $299. For anyone interested you can read the details here: http://www.bvcommerce.com/forum...rate-search-results.aspx

Edited by user Monday, May 20, 2013 3:55:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce