• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
birdsafe
#41 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 12:35:55 PM(UTC)
birdsafe

Thanks Andy -- I will probably use Shipper 1.4 until it no longer works and then switch to 3, as I need all the automation I can get.
GAlton
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:30:34 AM(UTC)
GAlton

Andy -- I am interested in the USPS integration. Shipper is overkill for me. I know you said you had abandoned that project, but if there was enough interest in it, would you consider finishing it? Maybe get a show of hands, who's interested, and go in on it together? Don't need FedEx, anyway, and you said they are not allowing 3rd party products.

Tom
lcasey
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:12:15 PM(UTC)
lcasey

My hand is up for USPS!

Thanks,

Linette
Andy Miller
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:26:22 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The code I have is for USPS labels, but no postage. Still interested?
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
GAlton
#45 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:10:06 PM(UTC)
GAlton

Not without postage. I currently use PayPal Payment Pro for cc processing, which integrates nicely with USPS shipping. PayPal has gotten cumbersome with added clicks everywhere - it's killing me. Then retrieving tracking number takes even longer. What would save me time is to print shipping labels directly from BV admin with tracking number automatically retrieved. Nothing fancier needed for me.
Tom
Andy Miller
#46 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:01:38 AM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Originally Posted by: "GregA" Go to Quoted Post

Not without postage. ... What would save me time is to print shipping labels directly from BV admin with tracking number automatically retrieved. Nothing fancier needed for me.
Tom
"Shipping labels" means shipping labels with postage to you. Right? I think it might to other people too. That's why I asked.

USPS has an API to create shipping labels without (oddly) postage.

Endicia has an API to create USPS shipping labels with postage. But it involves a lot more because of the accounting (postage is a form of money).

The stuff I was demoing uses USPS, not Endicia. So no postage. Although you could get a postage meter and create your own postage without a trip to the post office.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

GAlton
#47 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:57:16 PM(UTC)
GAlton

Yea, it doesn't sound like it's going to work for me, then. Right now I just print postage directly from the PayPal page from the customer's payment, stick it on the package and stick the package on the front porch. Not interested in standing in line with all those crazies at the Post Office with 15 boxes in my arms. Thanks for your consideration in offering this product, though.
Tom
Andy Miller
#48 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 1:53:43 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

[quote="GregA"]
Not interested in standing in line with all those crazies at the Post Office with 15 boxes in my arms.It looks like you could get a postage meter for a bit less than an Endicia or Stamps.com account,

http://www.pitneyworks.com/meter/indexnt.cfm?ml=W1107KD000Q57A&amp;mktpgm=KAAAARF6SC
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Ribbon Guy
#49 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 2:38:40 PM(UTC)
Ribbon Guy

We use the Pitney Bowes meter shown in the link above and love it!
lcasey
#50 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 8:19:41 PM(UTC)
lcasey

We have several clients using Endicia, printing 4x6 labels with postage on Zebra LP 2844s. They like it very much (they dislike Stamps.com very much). They have small, low weight products, hence USPS is the shipping method of choice. They are getting to a point where the number of orders will require something other than copy/paste. Shipper is awesome - so maybe that's the answer - even though UPS, FedEx, etc are not needed.

But, no - none are interested in USPS for label-only printing.

Thanks,

Linette
birdsafe
#51 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:49:43 PM(UTC)
birdsafe

I just updated to Andy's Shipper 3 and still getting it set up -- but one thing I noticed is with the ShipRush for Endicia loaded on my PC (and this is a free package -- you just get a new Endicia account for ShipRush), when you highlight an address in a browser window, ShipRush automatically detects the address (I guess being put on the Clipboard) and loads the address for printing -- so you eliminate the "paste" part of the cut and paste. Though you don't get the tracking number sent back to your store without the Shipper integration.
3 Pages<123