• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

paul305
#1 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2006 3:49:59 AM(UTC)
paul305

In BVC5 can you have a different tracking number for each product in an order? Sometimes we ship orders in multiple parts. I don't see where you can do this in the demo.

Paul.
jetheredge
#2 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2006 10:58:35 AM(UTC)
jetheredge

Yes, you can have seperate tracking numbers. Go to the Orders page, and click on the shipping button. Then at the bottom of the shipping screen put a total number in the boxes for which items you want to ship. Then fill in the tracking number and hit "Ship Items". This will create a package with the tracking number. Then you can mark the quantities of items you want to ship and do the same thing with a different tracking number. This way each package will be assigned a tracking number. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Justin Etheredge
Senior Software Engineer
BVSoftware
paul305
#3 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2006 2:12:32 PM(UTC)
paul305

I see how to assign separate tracking numbers now...thanks. It's just confusing the way it displays the tracking number for each package. For example if I have an order with 3 products and I only ship 1 item the tracking number is shown with all 3 products in the package box. It does show which item was shipped, but this can be hard to read when an order has 10 separate items.

It would be cleaner if BVC5 would show the tracking number for each product by itself instead of always listing each item in the order everytime I enter a new tracking number. Is there any way to do this in the settings?
CodeSine
#4 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2006 2:33:17 PM(UTC)
CodeSine

Ultimately tracking should be per package. What makes up a package is a whole different thing. An order might start out as having 3 products in it but only ship 1 at a time for what ever reason. In this case new packages need to be created. So package editing, creating, etc. would be best.
TIM

BVC Add-Ons and Development