• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Marcus
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:28:58 AM(UTC)
Marcus

It's pretty clear that making themes for BV Commerce 5 can be challenging for a lot of people. In some ways the amount of flexibility we offer makes it more difficult to build a design and in some ways we totally botched some CSS class names.

I'm starting on a new, free, theme for BV Commerce 5. This will be part of a future service pack (probably 5.5) and the goal is to build a fresh starting point for theme authors.

I will be creating a new set of user controls in BV that will generate "corrected" CSS tags. For example, there are some inconsistencies in 5.3 on "foruminput" and other sytles. This new set of controls will correct these issues while leaving the old set of controls for backwards theme compatibility.

I will need your participation in this project. I know a lot about CSS and HTML but I certainly don't know as much as the professional designers here who build themes for a living.

I will be posting regular updates and copies of the theme so that everyone can evaluate the progress and provide feedback.

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:29:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Libertytec
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 2:52:13 AM(UTC)
Libertytec

I think this is a good idea. I've also been looking at integrating Yahoo Yui-grids css layout framework into BVC. It seems like a lot of modification would be necessary to get bvc to work with Yui-grids.

Instead of using a css class for every piece of text, image, table, etc that is used. I think in a lot of situations a general class for the container div would be appropriate and then the designer can just write rule that cascade down into the container's elements. An example would be

.productgrid {}
.productgrid table {}
.productgrid td {}

Or

.checkoutform {}
.checkoutform label {}
.checkoutform input {}