• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Funni
#1 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 11:44:40 AM(UTC)
Funni

I have been uploading images all weekend on my BV5 site. I worked from home using IE6 and all was great.
Got to work this morning and looked at it in IE7 and my images are out of wack. What it looks like is that my pages are shrinking both horizontaly and vertically. I am sure this is a simple tweek in the CSS. Can someone point me to the correct area to start so I don't make things worse.

The home page is not to bad, but the catagory pages need some adjusting.

here is a link to the site

http://69.84.145.60/Default.aspx

Thanks for any input,

Craig
Cliff
#2 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 1:56:36 PM(UTC)
Cliff

Probably start with your images, replacing the two .recordimage rules in your stylesheet with something like this:
Code:
.recordimage {margin: 0 auto; text-align: center;}
.recordimage img {margin: 5px;border:none;}

I'd recommend doing most of your work in Firefox with some of the developer extensions installed. Most of what you see in Firefox is close to the same in most other relatively standards-compliant browsers, such as IE7 (though IE7 has a ways to go yet). If you can make your site look good in both IE6 and Firefox, then you usually won't have much left to do for IE7 compatibility.
Funni
#3 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 3:10:42 PM(UTC)
Funni

Cliff
Thanks for the info. That put everything back where it started.
I really want to thank you and all the others who help us out on this forum.
Happy Holidays to all.
Craig in Texas
buzworks
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:45:11 PM(UTC)
buzworks

I have also had some <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">compatibility problems between ie6 and 7 with image layout. IE 7 automatically shrinks images to match a table layout if it has dimensions defined. If you roll over an image that has been shunk by ie7 you will get a magnifying glass (click to zoom). ie 6 does not do that unless the image is larger than the entire ie window. Therefore I was laying everything out in ie 7 and it looked beautiful until the client viewed it in ie6. Once I edited my product images to the correct width it worked in both and stopped wrapping the product description below cross sells in ie6.