• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

PeakUniques
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2006 7:01:27 PM(UTC)
PeakUniques

Last year, I had a number of sales that took advantage of coupons or free shipping. However, when Order Export downloads the Sales Receipt to Quickbooks (2005) - it downloads the sales receipt without the discount taken out - or with shipping cost included - so the Sales Receipt doesn't match what the actual sale was.

I then need to create a journal entry to record the discount or free shipping in order to balance the books.

However, at quarter end, my gross revenue is bloated - because the gross revenue recorded from sales receipts doesn't take into account discounts that were given over the quarter.

How are others dealing with this problem, and is there a solution. It seems clear that the sales receipts that are being downloaded into Quickbooks should be the "actual" sales receipt - not the sale before discount.

The other issue I have is sales tax payable. All my taxable items (i.e. products when purchased from and shipped to the state of California or Colorado) are being registered as non-taxable item. Is there a way for BV to tag these items properly for Quickbooks?

Margie Shaw

www.peakuniques.com
fschimpf
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2006 4:49:23 PM(UTC)
fschimpf

I posted similar issues on 12/17 and did not get a response.

Frank
Frank Schimpf
Chesterfield Orchid Company

http://www.orchidco.com