• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

lacym
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 11:22:08 AM(UTC)
lacym

I'm curious if the following scenario now works after SP2.

If I have a product that has a product ID of say, LM100. This product has customer choices of size (small, medium, large) and color (black and red). In the customer choices of BV, I enter the unique SKU of each item. Say, LM100-B-S for black and small, LM100-B-M for black and medium and so forth.

In Quickbooks, instead of the attributes, or whatever they call it, I have separate items. In other words, I have an actual inventory item of LM100-B-S.

Will this now work with the export module? Does it use the unique SKUs?
rmiller
#2 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 2:26:11 PM(UTC)
rmiller

I beleive it will work correctly. I am currently using BV Order Export on a SP1 store and so are my other clients. I am patching my heavily customized stores this week and next with SP2 so I will be able to test this further. The reason I beleive it will work correctly is that the "customer choices" are broken out in the shopping cart. If they are seperated in the shopping cart, BV Export will treat them as different products.

One limitation that I see so far is that if you add a "customer choice" with a product SKU, you cannot add that SKU's attributes. Actually I don't see a clean way of doing this unless the "customer choice" was added by a radio button and then below it lists off it's attributes. One way around this if need be is to create a product for every single combination and then deactivate the product. The deactivated product will not show up in the store, but it appears that you can still add this as a "customer choice".

This addition to BV is huge!

Russ Miller
lacym
#3 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 3:39:55 PM(UTC)
lacym

Russ,

I'm not sure what you are referring to in the second paragraph. This may be way off base from what you are saying, but the way it shows up is as follows:

Say, product LM100 has a selection for size and color. The sizes are small, medium, and large. The colors are red and black. After the customer choices are entered, under inventory, it lists every possible combination so that you can enter the inventory levels. After SP2, it added a column for SKU for each combination.

Does that help, or was I way off?