• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MitchA
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:29:08 PM(UTC)
MitchA

My son received some movie posters and printed on the receipt was a coupon for 10% off of his next purchase with an on-line coupon code and an expiration date, 30 days.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to have a one-use coupon created for a specific user automatically, and attached to the invoicing like this.

Failing that, perhaps the next BVC issue could give the admin the option to do this at the invoice edit page. A "Click to add loyalty coupon" button to be used before printing and emailing invoices.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Cliff
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:25:54 AM(UTC)
Cliff

Referring to AllPosters.com? I mentioned that technique during the beta, but nothing came of it, and I've yet to have the opportunity to experiment with it specifically within BVC5. I don't think it would be too difficult, but would take a developer for sure, to have one generated. It's a great idea.

Now, you could create a coupon that is allowed one use per customer, and put that in your packing slip template's HTML. Maybe switch it up every once in awhile. If people pass it around, it doesn't matter; it's doing it's job of attracting new customers. Without an expiration, of course, but that doesn't mean you can't say 'use within 30 days'.
MitchA
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:43:00 AM(UTC)
MitchA

"Strike while the iron is hot' is the thing. I don't need the coupon to expire in 30 days, I want the eyeballs to come back for another look sooner rather than later.

For a true 30 day coupon, you'd have to create a new one every day and insert it into the templates - every day. Right! That would have to be automatic. It wouldn't be too bad to make a new one every month and have two or three in active rotation.

My list of stuff to get into a better admin just keeps growing.

Angela, how do you handle this kind of thing at Attached to Baby?
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Cliff
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:14:30 AM(UTC)
Cliff

Well, that's what I'm saying. You encourage striking while the iron is hot in your wording, without an actual expiration existing, if you don't go the development route. Just build a template and switch out the number, like you said, two or three in rotation.

Doesn't have to be all that frequent, but you do end up in a quandary when the same frequent-shopper gets the same coupon more than once, but can only use it once. So the plugin route would definitely be more efficient.
Matt@9BallDesign
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:08:47 AM(UTC)
Matt@9BallDesign

Mitch, with a client, we printed up 1,000 coupon cards (post card size). Same code, made it 10OFF1231A to make it look fancy, put an expiration date of 12/31/2008 on it.

printing them up again for next month, expiration date 1/31/2009, code 10OFF131B....

It's not a true big dog solution, but sales are sales and it's all managed via custom accounting package. Yes, we would love to make it as personalized as we can in giving one customer a unique code, but we're talking about a novelty store moving a ridiculous amount of products... why complicate things...
Matt Martell

http://www.9balldesign.com - Web, Print, Graphic

http://www.martellhardware.com/ - Decorative & Builder's Hardware

------------------------------------------------
Cliff
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:19:51 PM(UTC)
Cliff

Yeah, I meant to mention inserts. Getting creative with pre-printed inserts goes a long way in keeping them coming back. I mean really creative, especially if you're running something boutique-style; making them piece together insert cards from different orders like a puzzle to get the full discount code, for example.

There are so many ways to make it fun, depending on your store, of course, and as long as you realize that great design is going to be 90% of it's success. Place an order at Threadless for some good examples of creative inserts.