• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

chisholmd
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 12:57:09 AM(UTC)
chisholmd

We already have a UPS online account. Can't we just enter our:
-account number

-AccessLicenseNumber

-username

-password

Somewhere?

I followed the UPS registration link but after filling in the forms I got a "Can't register right now try later" message and when I went to try again it said I was already registered. But shipping rates are still not being calculated.

I am confused.

Any wisdom appreciated thx
Marcus
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 10:20:22 AM(UTC)
Marcus

You have to complete the registration through BV Commerce in order to receive the correct settings. UPS requires that any customer using our software completes the agreement, even if they already have an online tools account.

The "try later" message most likely means the UPS servers were too busy. Try it again now.
chisholmd
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 1:07:01 AM(UTC)
chisholmd

I have tried a number of times since yesterday and get the same message each time.

"The registration process could not be completed at this time. Please try again later."

On the edit shipping option screen it now says:
"Already Registered with UPS (click to register again)"

Is that your software reporting that I "attempted" to register, or is that information confirmed from UPS via a webservice?

I tried my cart again and when I click the "get rates" button it flases "retrieving rates" for less then a second and then nothing. Nothing as in the screen is unchanged and no rate is displayed or populated anywhere.

Perhaps I should open a ticket. A nice addition for subsequent version of BV would be some sort of "test UPS connection" button on the shipping option screen. Something that passes a query to UPS and displays a result. Something like a version request or something so that the basic underlying connection can be verified before moving on.
Marcus
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:14:36 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Thanks for the suggestion to "test rates." It's a good idea.

Yes, you should open a support ticket so we can follow through and resolve the issue.