• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TKatch
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:05:52 PM(UTC)
TKatch

I see that I can product batch update Gift Wrap Allowed - Yes or No. But where do I product batch update the Gift Wrap Charged amount? I have about 200 products in a specific Product Type that I need to change the price from $15 to $25. I can't use the site-wide Gift Wrap feature since this only pertains to a certain Product Type. And the site-wide feature will not override the product gift wrap feature.
TKatch attached the following image(s):
Gift-Wrap.gif (23kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:53:58 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Use the import/export tool
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
 1 user thanked Aaron for this useful post.
TKatch
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:33:19 AM(UTC)
TKatch

Okay, good idea. I've never used the import/export feature. So, if I filter and Export the items needed, it creates a .txt file. I can then open it with Excel and make my edits easily enough. I tested it out with one item only so that I didn't break everything at once if I did something wrong. I saved the Excel file as a .txt file Imported it back to the website. Seemed to work so I did it with all of the filtered products. The import/export feature is very helpful!

Edited by user Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:53:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aaron
#4 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 11:52:11 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TKatch Go to Quoted Post
I've never used the import/export feature.

Come on! This is one of the best features we've added to BVC over the years. It's very powerful once you get the hang of it and manipulating data in Excel. One of our marketing guys is a Jedi with these tools.

So, if I filter and Export the items needed, it creates a .txt file. I can then open it with Excel and make my edits easily enough.

Correct. You can also use Excel to further filter the file. Just to sure to save out to a tab-delimited text file when you're done--Excel always wants you to save to an Excel format (i.e. .xls/.xlsx).

One Excel issue to watch out for is that it will strip leading zeroes on fields that it interprets as numbers. Where this is most problematic is with UPCs and MPNs. To prevent Excel from doing this you should start with a blank Excel doc and import the export file into, specifying each field as a text field (which prevents Excel from messing with the data).

I tested it out with one item only so that I didn't break everything at once if I did something wrong. I saved the Excel file as a .txt file Imported it back to the website.

Smart! We are pretty stringent in validating the data coming in through the import, but obviously things can still go sideways depending what the user does. :)

Seemed to work so I did it with all of the filtered products. The import/export feature is very helpful!

Awesome!
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012