• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

globalweb9
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 12:08:57 PM(UTC)
globalweb9

United States

If there is a current way to do this, please let me know!

Have a customer that provides a coupon code on their site to give free shipping for orders $75 and more (in the continental US only). They currently have coupon set up to use UPS Ground in the Coupon config. But they would like for the "UPS Ground" verbiage to not display in the checkout and receipt areas, as they would like the option to send via USPS or UPS at their discretion without receiving a notice from customer after the fact that it was not shipped as noted in checkout.

So I have tried to setup a shipping method called FREE SHIPPING $75 using the ORDER RULES option. I can easily set up the shipping to ALWAYS be free for orders over $75, but they want the coupon to be used and for it not to be an auto-applied-per-order thing.

Is it feasible to add in to the ORDER RULES the option to choose if COUPON matches "XYZ" to display that Shipping method as "$0 - FREE SHIPPING $75" ???

Good / bad thoughts on this? I cannot think of any logic that would cause an issue with any processes on this
---
Randy Armbrecht
RichWeb, Inc.
Global Web Solutions
http://richweb.com
http://globalweb.net
Aaron
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:09:42 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
I can see how that would be useful. I assume the goal of your merchant is to ship the lowest cost method since they're eating the cost. In that case you could setup something like this:

1. Create Wrapper methods for your ground options (e.g. UPS Ground and USPS Priority Mail) and set them not to display on the site (see screenshot)
  2. Create a "Ground" Order Rules method with the rules shown in the screenshot
  3. Create a "Shipping" Offer that applies to the "Ground" Order Rules method (see screenshot)

Edited by user Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:11:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aaron attached the following image(s):
shipping-methods.png (12kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
shipping-rules.png (26kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
shipping-offer.png (25kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012