• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Skywalker Jennifer
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:38:23 AM(UTC)
Skywalker Jennifer

United States

I have volume discounts on most products, we only implemented this 2 months ago. Management also regularly puts items on sale or promotes offers. Right now they want to offer a 20% promo on certain products. These products also have volume discounts. This particular promotion is for about 120 items.

Unfortunately the volume discount process and settings are very limited and makes changing them, this many, very time consuming. There are a lot of records to have to delete individually, make sure they noted what the price was supposed to be (since you can't do by %), then have to re-add them all again manually after the promotion.

Is there a way to set the system to not give the volume discount when the item is on sale or part of an offer?

Even if you just tell me the place to go to modify this code myself. It shouldn't be any more difficult then saying if this is part of an offer then allow volume discounts... where...

ASAP would be great.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:02:04 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Skywalker Jennifer Go to Quoted Post
Management also regularly puts items on sale or promotes offers.

Do they use Sales, Offers, or both? This is an important point because Sales are processed when a product's price is displayed, such as on category pages and the product page. Offers are processed in the cart since they apply to an order.

...(since you can't do by %)...

Would percentage-based volume discounts solve your problem? Meaning, would you still honor a percentage-based volume discount in conjunction with a Sale or Offer?

Is there a way to set the system to not give the volume discount when the item is on sale or part of an offer?

No, unfortunately there is not, at least without some development.

Even if you just tell me the place to go to modify this code myself. It shouldn't be any more difficult then saying if this is part of an offer then allow volume discounts... where...

There is an "Apply Volume Pricing" workflow step that is run as part of the "Calculate Order" workflow. You can customize this workflow step, which is part of the application core, or create your own replacement workflow step. Changes elsewhere in the application may be required.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
Skywalker Jennifer
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:48:06 PM(UTC)
Skywalker Jennifer

United States

Management also regularly puts items on sale or promotes offers.

Originally Posted by: Aaron Go to Quoted Post
Do they use Sales, Offers, or both? This is an important point because Sales are processed when a product's price is displayed, such as on category pages and the product page. Offers are processed in the cart since they apply to an order.

They use both.

...(since you can't do by %)...

Would percentage-based volume discounts solve your problem? Meaning, would you still honor a percentage-based volume discount in conjunction with a Sale or Offer?

No I would not still honor on a percentage based however if I had to recreate each volume discount manually it would be easier to update as a whole based on a % versus individually pricing.

No, unfortunately there is not, at least without some development.

I actually did this. I looked at the code and how volumes were being pulled. I modified the volume discount stored procedures. Instead of just pulling volume discounts alone it now pulls volume discounts for all items that are not part of a sale or part of an offer. Currently it only pulls offers that are product by category because I was out of time and this is the option I needed. Volume discounts for sale and/or offer items do not populate anywhere on the site and do not calculate which allows for the sale and/or offer alone.

There is an "Apply Volume Pricing" workflow step that is run as part of the "Calculate Order" workflow. You can customize this workflow step, which is part of the application core, or create your own replacement workflow step. Changes elsewhere in the application may be required.

This really wouldn't be beneficial to what I was needing. Apply volume discounts was not an issue.

Thanks for the input but I got it working myself.