• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Aaron
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:32:03 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
This add-on includes 6 product feeds and a Google sitemap generator. From the admin interface (see attached screen shots) you can see when the feed was last generated, change settings, generate new feeds, and FTP them. You can even map an affiliate to a feed (the affiliate ID is appended to the URL), so you can then track clicks from that feed.

We call it a 'feed engine' because you can easily create new feeds in very little time. All source code is provided and is easily modified for your specific needs, even with a basic understanding of programming. For example, it's easy to exclude certain products from a feed. We've used the feed engine for integrating with other services like T-Hub and MyBuys, where we not only needed a product feed but also a category, cross sell, and daily order feed.

Product Feeds
The following 6 product feeds are included:

*Google Base - includes product review information, maps Type Properties to Google Base fields and uses the remaining properties as Google Base custom fields
    *Bing Shopping
    *TheFind - includes product review information and 'hot or not' sales rank information
    *Commission Junction
    *ChannelAdvisor
    * and a 'generic' feed

Google sitemap
Includes all products, categories, custom pages, and the homepage; additional URLs can be included by adding them to a text file. You can even include your product images in the sitemap for use in Google's image search. As you can see from the attached screen shot you can set the default priority and change frequency. The category priority is set with decreasing priority based on how close it is to the homepage (e.g. homepage is 1.0, top-level categories are 0.9, second-level categories are 0.8, etc). Finally, you have the option of notifying Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Ask that your sitemap has been updated.

Pricing
$299 per site

Email "info AT develisys DOT com" or call 1-866-674-4770 (ask for Aaron) for questions or to purchase.
Aaron attached the following image(s):
feed-engine.PNG (49kb) downloaded 153 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
jaywilner
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 4:45:56 PM(UTC)
jaywilner

aaron;

how about generating rss feeds for bv 5.8? do you have plug in for that or does it come with bv 5.8? i cant find anywhere!

i found this link where searching but cant find equivalent feature in our 5.8 cms admin panel:

http://www.bvsoftware.co...RSS%20Feed%20Viewer.aspx
Aaron
#3 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 10:59:17 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Sure, that's very doable. We don't have an existing plugin for that but we could very easily extend the feed engine to do this. What kind of RSS feed(s) do you want (e.g. newest products, featured/sale products, categories, latest product reviews, etc)?
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Aaron
#4 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 11:19:36 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: "jaywilner" Go to Quoted Post
aaron;

we installed your plug in on bv 5.8/IIS 6.0 and tried to generate a google xml site map. we got this issue message from a colleague:

I attempted to generate a feed & it gave me this message:

Google Sitemap feed generation started! Check the Audit Log for details.

Still no sign of it having been created after about an hour. Do we have access to this Audit Log?

any ideas or help aaron?

That is the correct messaging that you will see when you generate a feed. To check the Audit Log, go to the "Options" tab in the admin. Then click "Audit Log" in the sub-nav, right below the tabs. If you're not seeing a newly generate sitemap.xml file in your site's root it is most likely a permissions problem on the server. Typically you will need to give the NETWORK SERVICE user write permissions to the sitemap.xml file.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Kman
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:59:51 AM(UTC)
Kman

Originally Posted by: "jaywilner" Go to Quoted Post
aaron;

how about generating rss feeds for bv 5.8?

One thing I might suggest when building these feeds is to add some toggle to the product so you have the ability to exclude some products you may not want to show in the feeds.

This site has a new product rss feed.
http://www.outdooroutfitters.com/NewProductRSSFeed.aspx
or as seen at feedburner
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OutdoorOutfittersNewProducts

I did modify the core here, internalproduct and product objects but there are other ways to get the toggle as well.
Kman attached the following image(s):
prodfeed.png (13kb) downloaded 71 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Regards,
Kim(Kman) Rossey
www.toocoolwebs.com
BVSoftware - MerchantTribe Programming/Design, Database Programming and Business Applications
[email protected]
Aaron
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:40:59 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

With our feed engine it would be very easy to implement a toggle without any custom coding to BV. All you would need to do is create a Multiple Choice Type Property (with values of "Included" and "Excluded") in the admin and assign it to each of your Product Types. Then you would add the following line of code to the BaseProductFeed class:

Code:
psc.CustomProperties.Add(New Catalog.ProductSearchCriteria.CustomPropertyValue("multiple-choice-type-property-bvin", "Included"))
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
sternyy
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:47:10 AM(UTC)
sternyy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: "Aaron" Go to Quoted Post
Product Feeds
The following 6 product feeds are included:

* Google Base - includes product review information, maps Type Properties to Google Base fields and uses the remaining properties as Google Base custom fields
* Bing Shopping
* TheFind - includes product review information and 'hot or not' sales rank information
* Commission Junction
* ChannelAdvisor
* and a 'generic' feed

Have you made a feed for Amazon?
Aaron
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:54:34 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: "Bryan" Go to Quoted Post
Have you made a feed for Amazon?

Not yet, though the feed engine would be the way to build one. It's been a little while since I've reviewed Amazon's feed specs, but my recollection is that it varies considerably by the kind of product that you're selling. It may not be practical for us to offer a feed that will work for every merchant (i.e. it will need to be custom-tailored to each merchant). I suppose in that case we could create a basic Amazon feed as a starting point and then merchants could customize it to their needs.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
lcasey
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:25:51 AM(UTC)
lcasey

This is a great plugin for product feeds and sitemaps. It's handy, has a nice interface, and in a store with over 2000 products, it's fast. It's also easy to modify, if needed.

Linette
dmcbrier
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:14:38 PM(UTC)
dmcbrier

I installed this feed tool last week. To date I have been very happy with the results. This is a simple way to push out feeds to various tools.
Keep up the great work. Easy to install. Easy to configure. Thank you Aaron. A+
toddplumblee
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:36:24 PM(UTC)
toddplumblee

We have been using the feed engine plugin for a few months now and it works great. It has saved us a lot of time in creating the Google and Bing feeds for one of our clients. This is truely a great product. Easy to install, easy to use. Thanks Aaron! A++
eric
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:29:31 AM(UTC)
eric

We've been using the Develisys feed engine plugin for quite a while, and it's a great value for the price. It's well written, and easy to modify (giving you a great starting point for custom feeds). We use it for sitemaps, googlebase feeds, and custom order and product feeds for PowerReviews. We have over 10,000 items in our store, and runs without a problem.

Eric

www.TruckSpring.com
Steve95
#13 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:11:41 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Aaron is the site map constructed via a crawler or a search through the database? i am just wondering if it would index any of our static html pages for example.
Aaron
#14 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:15:44 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: Steve95 Go to Quoted Post
Aaron is the site map constructed via a crawler or a search through the database? i am just wondering if it would index any of our static html pages for example.

No, a crawler would be too slow and put undue load on your server; it is generated from the database. We did, however, create a provision for static files. There is a text file that you can use to specify any of your static files. Also, if you use CustomLink categories to link to your static files then they will be included in the sitemap.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
sternyy
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 11:44:03 AM(UTC)
sternyy

Aaron,

I remember a while back we talked about T-Hub and quickbooks integration with the product feed tool. All of our machines are 64bit in the office and I've always had some issues with the quickbooks connector. Do you think T-Hub would be a better solution for getting just the customer information in to quickbooks? If we could have a solution to simplify the process of inputting an order from BV to quickbooks instead of typing everything over again, that would be awesome.
Aaron
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:40:29 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

A year or two ago we did build an export to T-Hub using the feed engine, but without doing some testing I really can't say if it will do what you need it to do. To really leverage the power of T-Hub you need a bi-directional integration. I remember when we looked into this previously it looked pretty straightforward. One of these days I guess we'll need to break down and really test T-Hub as it may be a really good option for merchants to both integrate with QuickBooks and automate the processing of shipping.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
sternyy
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:01:47 PM(UTC)
sternyy

Curious... for the product feeds that get sent to google base and others, would it make sense to also add choices as products because they have unique SKUs?

Aaron
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:35:57 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: sternyy Go to Quoted Post
Curious... for the product feeds that get sent to google base and others, would it make sense to also add choices as products because they have unique SKUs?

We've actually added that for 2013. :)
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce