• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

squeakerjg
#1 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 6:26:03 PM(UTC)
squeakerjg

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We posted a site a few months ago - http://www.handnhanddesigns.com but it has not received very good ratings in the search engines. Can you have a look and let me know if you see anything obvious that needs to be done?

From what I can tell it looks like we may just need more content, and more people linking into and out of the site.

-JG
Andy Miller
#2 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2009 7:57:53 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My gut reaction (I'm not a designer or SEO consultant):

- I could not tell what you sell from the information that appeared "above the fold" on the home page.

- The tile images do not look like real tiles and you call them "product" all over the place. I'm still not sure you sell tiles or not.

- You use the word Earthtone a lot. Will the tile I order be the colors in your drawing or will they be earth tones?

- I don't like writing that Uses the Wrong capitalization. I had a Hard Time readiing your Writing!!! [Have a copy writer review your writing...it is not very good and may turn away customers].

- Your product descriptions are too short. For example, I pulled up Fleur De Lis - Gold but none of my questions were answered by the product description: 1) Is the gold color real gold or some earth tone, 2) How big is the tile?, 3) How thick is the tile?, 4) What kind of surface does it have?, 5) Can I use it outside (where it can be wet) and walk on it?.

- Your tiles are very colorful. I think you should tone down the colors of your site so the tiles pop out. Right now I get dizzy.

My bottom line...if I wanted a decorative collegiate tile as a gift, I would probably ignore most things above and buy it from you rather than look for another source. If I wanted an artistic tile for a renovation or special project at my own home, I would have left after about 30 seconds because of the line drawings, lack of detail, and bad writing.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
Chris Dittmeier
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 6:24:27 PM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

Check Google to see how it sees your site. It does show you are indexed by Google. There are the webmaster tools available that might help in pointing out anything obvious. Sometimes it take awhile before you get listed. I'm not a SEO expert, but there are people on this forum who can help you, but if that is their business, it doesn't come free. So contact them directly.

Also, have you tried the SEOQuake add-in for Firefox?
Chris
Sirius Programming

www.siriusprogramming.com
squeakerjg
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 10:42:58 PM(UTC)
squeakerjg

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for the great feedback. I will review these suggestions with my team and implement some changes.

- JG