• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Marcus
#1 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 9:44:25 AM(UTC)
Marcus

We're experimenting with breaking out Tax and Shipping on a per-line item basis. They are still calculated for the total items but we determine their pro-rated portion.

See the attached screenshot.

Is this something that you'd be interested in for BV Commerce 6? How would you like the information displayed?
Marcus attached the following image(s):
Hosted_Tax_Breakout.jpg (40kb) downloaded 84 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
MitchA
#2 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 10:20:19 AM(UTC)
MitchA

Minor things perhaps...

Given that some use Quickbooks, you should match the terms on your invoice with the terms that are used on their invoices. Perhaps the layout also. if this is as QB does it, never mind....

I'd like a column for "Discount". This would be the $ figure debited from each Item Price, so I can see which products sold at how much of a discount. This something we can't currently show to our price group members and it really would be great to remind our shoppers of the money they're saving on each product right on the invoice.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
Ribbon Guy
#3 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 10:44:53 AM(UTC)
Ribbon Guy

The tax and shipping breakout may work for some however I would not like to show it to my customers. If implemented how about a check box to hide line item tax and shipping info?

Originally Posted by: "MitchA" Go to Quoted Post

"I'd like a column for "Discount". This would be the $ figure debited from each Item Price, so I can see which products sold at how much of a discount. This something we can't show to our price group members and it really would be great to remind our shoppers of the money they're saving on each product right on the invoice."
Again, I would like the option to opt out of showing the discount information as our printed products carry substantial quantity discounts which when displayed in this manor can look sensationalized.

Joe
Marcus
#4 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 11:12:58 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Right now I'm thinking the breakout would only display on admin side, not customer side.
Andy Miller
#5 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 3:57:47 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
European VAT has to be shown to the customer and broken out like you have shown (well...similar...you also need to show the rate I think).
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
MitchA
#6 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 5:04:00 PM(UTC)
MitchA

I would like it to show on the customer side so consumers (retail and B2B) can see which products are taxed, which aren't, what the tax is on any particular product or service, etc. State and local taxes on businesses varies and sometimes, individual costs are either deductible or not. Customs and import duties... etc....

Assuming information is going to become more vital to know as tax and import/export issues continue to become more complicated and tougher to comply with, why not build the most information into it now so you don't get requests for fixes later?

I'd also like to have the opt-out button for some things on some invoices too.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.