• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

fgpfgp
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:07:15 PM(UTC)
fgpfgp

Has this been removed in BVC5? How do you mark an order as Paid (and Unpaid)? It often happens where an order is placed and a PayPal payment is made several days later. This is especially important for processing eBay orders. I also do not see where to choose PayPal as the payment method when manually processing/editing an order.

Thanks,

frank
bigheadrob
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2006 1:22:20 PM(UTC)
bigheadrob

I cant answer your question, but I can say that I do mark some orders as PAID when I process them, then immediately mark them as UNPAID , that way I can keep up with my AR (accounts receivable). I do create invoices in my accounting software that tracks them, but its also a good way to keep up with them in BV by viewing all UNPAID orders. When customer mails check payment to me, I mark it back to PAID. BV needs a way to better handle orders that are shipped, and then invoiced, and then receive payments for (in that order). Its not all that friendly or mindful of this type of order which are usually purchase orders from say government agencies, etc.

I found out if you dont do the PAID , mark it UNPAID, mark it PAID ....thing.....then you wont have the orders amount show up in your monthly report of total sales.

Too much human interaction to make the process work. Human is driving it, not software.