• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Genady Perchenko
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 10:27:23 PM(UTC)
Genady Perchenko

United States

I am new to bvcommerce. But I need to carry some older customizations done to the old version. My client gave me a development kit. I opened it in VS 2013 no problem and even can run it locally. Now I want to publish it to my Internet facing web server (basic file based deploy) but I am getting:

The project file “” has been renamed or is no longer in the solution

I see total of 19 projects and one of them is not really a project but looks like just a website (www).

does publish supposed to work or should I just copy all www tree and be done with it?

Thanks for help on this.
Steve95
#2 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 4:07:24 AM(UTC)
Steve95

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi

Apologies if I have miss interpreted your post, but it sounds like you are building the project in order to deploy it? Bv is a Web site project and therefore it is dynamically compiled by ASP.NET on the server the first time a request is received after the site has been installed or updated.

So simply deploy the changes you have made to the web pages in the www project and ensure any assemblies that you have customized have been built in release mode and are copied over into the live bin directory. Obviously do a full backup first just encase anything unexpected happens.