• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dan @ Wolfe
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 1:49:26 PM(UTC)
Dan @ Wolfe

I would like to see Product modifiers have options that can be activated or not activated based on what you need for your purpose.

Options for product modifiers i would like to see:

Have product modifiers apply to inventory (same as product choices)

Have product modifiers alter SKU for indentification and inventory purposes (same as product choices)

The reason i ask this.

We build suspension components for drag race cars, we offer the components with different bolt size options which cost extra. We then track our eventory based on the item and the bolt size

example:

Upper control arm- base sku is MWOL111

We offer it in stock bolt size - MWOL111-12mm - $224.99

And we also offer with 1/2 bolt - MWOL111-1/2 this adds $5.00 to the part - $229.00
Dan
Chris Dittmeier
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 2:30:39 PM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

Sounds like you need a variation that includes the attributes of both the Product Choices and the Product Modifiers. I thought I previously read something in the forum about a reason related to overhead/search time/database, etc as to why the 2 are separated now. Perhaps having a third type will allow people who need both for some products.
Chris
Sirius Programming

www.siriusprogramming.com
Dan @ Wolfe
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 3:16:51 PM(UTC)
Dan @ Wolfe

Yes that is what i need. I need to track inventory, change SKU, and change the price!

I need it all!
Dan
Dan @ Wolfe
#4 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 11:18:46 AM(UTC)
Dan @ Wolfe

Well, with some more playing around, i relized i could change the price in the edit product variations at the same time as when i set up the variation sku's.

The main thing i don't like about that is if i need to change a price on the shared choice i have to go to each product and variations to change the price. I was hoping i could just use the shared choices to allow for a global price change on those item variations that apply to many products. But i also need the SKU changes and the inventory.
Dan