• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

cdakz
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 5:46:44 PM(UTC)
cdakz

I'm using Windows 7 and IIS 7 locally on my development machine for the first time (having come from Windows XP/IIS 5.1, am still climbing a steep learning curve). I've run the BVC5.6 installer, creating a store at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bvc56

When I attempt to browse it, however, I get the following Server Error, which seems to be complaining about 'Avalara.AvaTax.Adapter'. Any suggestions?

Code:

Server Error in '/Bvc56' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Required permissions cannot be acquired.
Descript[b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b]ion: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about[b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b] the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.
Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and [b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b]location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.]
System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +10238142
System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Int32& securitySpecialFlags, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +97
[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Avalara.AvaTax.Adapter, Version=5.3.1.33, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=34e4ef76d6267205' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly [b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b]locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +416
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +166
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +190
[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Avalara.AvaTax.Adapter, Version=5.3.1.33, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=34e4ef76d6267205' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +11207304
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +388
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +232
System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal() +48
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +210
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +76
System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +11196482
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +185
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +654
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +658
[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Avalara.AvaTax.Adapter, Version=5.3.1.33, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=34e4ef76d6267205' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +76
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +1012
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +1025
[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Avalara.AvaTax.Adapter, Version=5.3.1.33, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=34e4ef76d6267205' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11301302
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4338644
jasonhick70
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:57:15 PM(UTC)
jasonhick70

Hi,

I'm having this problem too after a clean install of Windows Pro 7 (also installed Asp.Net 4 & VS 2010). Can't get BV to run at all.

Some help would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jason
Marcus
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:25:54 PM(UTC)
Marcus

BV Commerce Requires Full Trust permissions because some of the components (like ava tax) have special requirements. Make sure you allow full trust asp.net apps.

We run on IIS7 and Windows 7 all the time so it must be a configuration setting on you machine.
krswebworks
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:56:44 PM(UTC)
krswebworks

Hi - I am getting the exact same error as WHOISJohnGalt. My site is set to 'Full Trust' in IIS 7 on my local system configured with Windows 7, .NET 3.5, SQL Express 2008. My system is an HP Pavilion laptop with I7 core and PGP wholedisk encryption installed on the harddrive. What else should I try to get the BVEcommenrc56 to run on my local system?
Andy Miller
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 7:04:33 PM(UTC)
Andy Miller

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tucson,

That is a hard question to answer. If everything you wrote is correct, then you would not get the exact same error. If the site is really running in full trust, then the loader would be able to grant the avalara assembly the permissions that it is demanding.

So something you wrote must be wrong. For example, perhaps you are trying to run the site in full trust, but ASP.NET is calculating something less than full trust (via config file inheritence). Or the site is not really running with the permissions you granted. Or something like that.
Andy Miller
Structured Solutions

Shipper 3 - High Velocity Shipment Processing
cdakz
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:56:11 PM(UTC)
cdakz

Must be something other than "Full Trust" setting in IIS. I double-checked IIS, following the instructions at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753658(WS.10).aspx and I do have "Full Trust" set for the BVC56 web app.

Perhaps a file permissions issue? I'm moving from the land of IIS 5.x & 6.x, and so the IIS 7 interface & model is giving me fits. I suspect there's something awry there.

Oh yeah, when I run CreateNetStore.exe, I'm am selecting "Run as Administrator" option in Win 7.
cdakz
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 3:20:04 PM(UTC)
cdakz

Figured it out. IIS 7 introduced App Pool Identity "issues" that I didn't know to check into.

Tucson, try this (not optimal security, but for my local dev machine, it's at least got me running for now):

<OL>
<LI>Go to IIS / [2]Applications Pools[/2]
<LI>[2]Right-click DefaultAppPool / Advanced Settings[/2]
<LI>In the Process Model section, click Identity.
* Change it to a Custom Account, and then select your local admin account. (If you're on a domain, you may have to type &lt;localComputerName&gt;\&lt;UserName&gt;).
</OL>
You may need to go to the folder where BVC will be installed, and check that the ACLs (File Permissions) will work for you.

Can anybody offer suggestions on the best settings to use, security-wise, while still letting BVC run?
krswebworks
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2010 6:11:10 PM(UTC)
krswebworks

Thank you vey much, WHOISJohnGalt! :-)
I was able to get my database created and my default cart working.
jasonhick70
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:57:13 AM(UTC)
jasonhick70

Hi,

Thanks for the advice! It worked for me too :D