• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

[email protected]
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:43:38 AM(UTC)
gdelorey@mitcs.com

Markus -

I know that BV5 does not currently support multiple shipping locations. My questions is: would this be something that would be difficult to implement? Can we pay extra to have this funtionality? Our client currently uses multiple shipping locations frequently with his ecommerce solution, so it is a feature that is desirable to him and one that would prevent him from allowing us to use this software if it didn't have the same. We are very happy with what your package offers, so please let me know if we can do anything to get this funtionality with BV5.

Thanks!

: Greg
Dean
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:19:56 PM(UTC)
Dean

Greg...dont mean to butt in...but .....Why cant you set each shipping location up as a seperate vendor or supplier?
Dean
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:21:52 PM(UTC)
Dean

Now that I think about it.... I assume you mean you are shipping the same product from different locations... so I could see where my previous example wouldn't work so well in BV
Chris Dittmeier
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:26:40 PM(UTC)
Chris Dittmeier

BVC5 does allow for multiple vendors that you use for drop-shipping. Multiple products can be assigned to an individual vendor. The original question seems to be asking about multiple shipping locations (vendors) for each product.

While having additional vendors for each product, the question is how would you expect the software to determine the drop ship vendor to choose from to give the accurate shipping price? Is it based on lowest ship price (assuming the vendor is the closest geographically to the delivery point) or is it based on inventory levels/availability at each vendor? This would be a customization that the level of difficulty depends on the information available for the software to choose which vendor to ship from.
Chris
Sirius Programming

www.siriusprogramming.com
[email protected]
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2006 5:14:02 PM(UTC)
gdelorey@mitcs.com

Sorry guys - That first post wasn't very clear. I guess I mean't multiple ship to addresses. So, if I place two items in my cart, ship one to a certain address and the other item to some other address. Amazon, as well as multiple other shopping cart products, are offering this. Any chance this will be built into BV5 sometime soon?

Thanks,

Greg