• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

CodeSine
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2006 1:24:26 AM(UTC)
CodeSine

The Cross Sell Display is much improved over recommended items in BVC2004 but I have some suggestions/questions on it's behavior.

1. If I turn ON "Redirect To Shopping Cart After Item Is Added" in Options/Orders and Configure the CrossSellDisplay control to "display the Add to Cart Button" and/or "Display Selected Check Box" then click either of the "add to cart" buttons the system adds my "Additional Items" to the cart, transfers me to the cart but the actual product I was initialy interested in is lost (never added).

I understand why this happens but it would seem that "Additional" items should not Up Stage or take away from the ability to purchase the original item I was viewing but insteadd "add to". Perhaps the option of having the checkboxes "displayselectedcheckbox" should show checkboxes but require the main products add to cart page to be clicked which would then add this "Additional items" along with my original product.

2. If I turn OFF "Redirect To Shopping Cart After Item Is Added" in Options/Orders and Configure the CrossSellDisplay control to "display the Add to Cart Button" and/or "Display Selected Check Box" then click either of the "add to cart buttons" or the main products "Add to cart" button the product is added and keeps me on the same page allowing me to select one or more of the "Additional Items" to the cart.

This also makes sense and make it easier to purchase the main product plus any "additional items" on that page but is still a bit akward.

The best scenario to achieve scenario 1 is to not have the "Additional items" on the actual product info page but instead use the "Display Cross Sells When Adding Item To Cart:" feature as this will allow you to not only add your main product but order "additional items" on the way to the cart page. Much smoother imo.

Seeing that these options exist the ultimate solution would be to allow "Additional items" when on the product info page to be added to the cart (order) by just clicking their checkboxes and the main products "add to cart" button this way both the main product and any "additional items" are added to the cart all at once with a single click. Perhaps there is already a configuration to do this but I've missed it?
TIM

BVC Add-Ons and Development