• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

dotnetdiva
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:08:48 PM(UTC)
dotnetdiva

I think I read that someone here had a customization where the customer just ordered in the one page checkout and at the end, they were emailed a password and login details.

I'm watching customers through my LiveChat and see that many of them just leave when the Shop forces them to log in or register for the site. But when we didn't make them do that, we had problems with them not being able to log in and view their order details, get their RMA, etc...

Any help would be direly appreciated!
Angela
Attached to Baby

http://www.attachedtobaby.com

"closer to your heart... do you don't miss a beat."

bbcweb
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:23:00 PM(UTC)
bbcweb

You might have seen that on my Express Checkout... but that's for BV2004 only
BetterBuilt.net professional web design and development. call 1-877-325-1109 x7
bigheadrob
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:04:51 AM(UTC)
bigheadrob

It'd be nice if BV would allow for a quick checkout (no registration), but an automatically generated password would be generated and emailed to the customer along with their receipt (tell them this is going to happen when they are checking out). Actually, 2 separate emails would be best....1 for the receipt, and the 2nd email saying "Welcome to XXXXX store, heres your auto-generated password LK$JK$JLKJ$8sdIIDD if you'd like to log in and review your order in the future. We recommend that you log in and change your password to something you can remember." This way would allow for a quick checkout **AND** would allow for them to have an account. Kills 2 birds with one solution. Makes everyone happy.

Cant hurt putting 2 emails in a customers inbox instead of only 1 !!!! I like putting those in their inbox so they can see my company name over and over until they decide to delete it (this means more free advertising for those that dont understand what I'm saying).

Actually, I feel checkout should be kinda like in a single final page, quick checkout without customer having to create an account (BV does it for you as described above), and have everything displayed in a horizontal fashion. Asks for billing address FIRST, then shipping address, then email and contact phone# (yes, a 3rd spot for phone number in case problems some people like to include their cell#), and a spot for customer to enter a "copy receipt to" email address (an additional email form). I know many business customers like to copy their accountant or office manager. And guess what, we'd be putting an email into TWO inboxes (yippee) with this feature (this means more free advertising for those that dont understand what I'm saying).

Does anyone out there think that these ideas or good, or did I just waste 5 minutes of my life typing this stuff that I'll never regain? Anyone?
bbcweb
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:45:31 AM(UTC)
bbcweb

You are right Rob, that's what i did for the 2004 express checkout.

I created this flowchart based on the feedback from lots of 2004.7 users: http://forums.bvcommerce.com/default.aspx?f=54&m=39272

you'll see it accounts for potential checkout paths you mentioned and a little more. If an account is created for a new user it will send a customized welcome message out separate from the invoice.

Marcus or Justin, you guys can use my flow chart as a starting point, then continue to add to it based on your own customer interaction/requests.
BetterBuilt.net professional web design and development. call 1-877-325-1109 x7
Marcus
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:52:36 AM(UTC)
Marcus

You can remove the "Require Login Before Checkout" step from the Checkout workflow in BVC5. This give you "anonymous" checkout capability where customers are not required to register before purchase.

Go to Options->WorkFlows->Edit "Checkout Started" and remove "Require Login Before Checkout"
bigheadrob
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:00:19 AM(UTC)
bigheadrob

BB,
Does your app auto-generate the password and email it to the customer?
bigheadrob
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:01:51 AM(UTC)
bigheadrob

Marcus,
With the workflow for "anonymous" checkout that you just described, will BV5 auto-generate a password and email it to the customer? or, is the customer left without an account (and ability to log back in and view order and status)?
Marcus
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:42:35 AM(UTC)
Marcus

No, BVC5 will not create any account automatically if you remove this workflow task. Automatically creating accounts during checkout will require custom code.