• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

websuperman
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:10:00 PM(UTC)
websuperman

I have been doing a little digging in the workflows and they seem to be very powerful. I wanted to run this by some of you "in the know". Is it possible by modifying workflows to:

Have the system generate a password and email it to the customer when they use the anonymous checkout so they can check their order status but still get the streamlined checkout?

Have the system send different emails for different order status? IE.. card issue would send an email explaining the issue and how to correct it, good order gets order confirmation email

These look like simple modifications using the workflows, but I just am not certain. Anybody doing any other things with workflows that you want to share?
Marcus
#2 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2006 7:39:17 PM(UTC)
Marcus

Yes, everything you mentioned could be easily accomplished by building your own "tasks" that would plugin to the workflows without any core code modifications.
Tisdale
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2007 1:31:20 PM(UTC)
Tisdale

I have developed workflows to connect to both AS/400 and Sybase databases. There are workflows to copy product setup (price, choices), send an order after it is paid for, figure out the geocode for taxing purposes, and connect to the Vertex system on the AS/400 to figure out the tax rate. I've also written my own tax and shipping modules to connect to our database and provide the current rates. I love the new workflows and class structure so far.
Auchi
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:52:51 AM(UTC)
Auchi

How can I do it?
I mean... I create my own workflow task, and I want this to be executed only when a customer buys a Gift Certificate. How do I associate the new task for the Gift buying process?

Thanks
[email protected]
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:54:52 PM(UTC)
everett@bvsoftware.com

Hello Auchi,

If you could describe in more detail what you are trying to accomplish I will be glad to assist. Could you explain if the gift certificate would be a physical product (like a card that could be displayed in a brick and mortar store) or an online certificate that would be available for current or future orders? Also, once a customer has obtained the gift certificate, what exactly would you like to happen at the store level (ie... discount, free merchandise, special service)?

Thank you for your interest!
Everett
Everett Comstock

BV Software