• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

AdamJ
#1 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2006 3:38:35 PM(UTC)
AdamJ

We are testing and setting up BVC5 on a test server, but we have hundreds of standard html pages. Is there a link I can add to our existing "add to cart" buttons which will actually add the product to the cart, rather than just forwarding a customer to the product page?
Something like: "cart.aspx?productid=xxxxxx&qty=1" I have looked through the forums, and the manual, but can't seem to locate such a thing.
Nick Alberti
#2 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2006 4:11:34 PM(UTC)
Nick Alberti

<SPAN class=apple-style-span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'">Here is the link you would use to add an item to your BV cart. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'"><o:p> </o:p>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'">The two parameters are “quickaddid” and “quickaddqty”. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'"><o:p> </o:p>

<SPAN class=apple-style-span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'">The “quickaddid” is the products “bvin” number.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> “quickaddqty” allows you to specify what quantity you want to be added. If you leave this off, it will default to a quantity of 1.

<o:p>[3] [/3]</o:p>

<SPAN style="COLOR: black"><SPAN class=apple-style-span><SPAN style="-khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: underline"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'">http://www.YOURSTORE.com...IN&amp;quickaddqty=1<o:p></o:p>
AdamJ
#3 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2006 5:19:15 PM(UTC)
AdamJ

Awesome!

Thanks. Now is there a way to se the bvin# to more closely match the sku#?

For example, one of our part numbers is: FC0121, but the bvin# is:fcd742b8-e990-4357-807a-8dbc9061915b

Is there a way to change these to match the part number?

Thanks a million.

AdamJ
Nick Alberti
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2006 11:01:55 AM(UTC)
Nick Alberti

Hello Adam.

The BVIN number is automatically generated by BV Commerce. I'll see if we can add in a quick add by sku feature. It will depend on how much time we have for Service Pack 2.
AdamJ
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2006 11:39:38 AM(UTC)
AdamJ

Awesome Nick,

Thanks. I found that I can coerce my existing database of parts to point to the right product page, with a little rewriting of my script.

Adam J