• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

rwc
#1 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 4:25:42 PM(UTC)
rwc

My client has decided to use LinkPoint as their payment processor. I'm trying to figure out how to set this up.

1. Where do I put the .pem file?
2. What goes in the Live URL field?

Thanks in advance!
Rick Whittington
Rick Whittington Consulting
http://www.rickwhittington.com
jonm
#2 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 5:01:05 PM(UTC)
jonm

This is how I have my Linkpoint setup:

Merchant Login = Store ID
PEM keypath and Name = put it into your bin file BUT, the path has to be the direct path not internet path so: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\BV5\bin\test.pem
Live URL: secure.linkpt.net

If your BV5 though I will recommend you do not use Linkpoint because I have had some serious problems getting BV to fix the problems I am having with their implementation. They keep pointing fingers back and forth from their 3rd party developer of this and themselves.

You can accept payments through Linkpoint api just fine. But, when you goto Linkpoint central and look at the transactions for the day the ORDER ID does not get passed correctly to the reports causing real big headaches with our accounting department. Also, when you try to issue a refund through BV admin it always fails.

BV has done a really really poor job in helping us out with this and have since seemed to have lost all interest in our problems since the last communication.

Unfortunately we have to deal with these incredibly bad problems until we can find ourselves another payment processor that BV actually cares about.

All I got to say is good luck.
-Jonathan Moore
www.tvps.com
MitchA
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 5:47:07 PM(UTC)
MitchA

I was using Linkpoint when I had a SF6 store. I switched to Authorize.net while still with SF6 to get away from some Linkpoint issues so I don't know how integration is with BV5. I had zero problems with Authorize at SF and have had none with BV5. I set it up and it worked.

I know a merchant with an oscommerse site... same problems til he switched to Authorize. Sometimes it's not BV's problem.

Do a Google serch for "Linkpoint + Problems" for some ideas/solution.
Optimists invent airplanes,
Pessimists buy parachutes.
jonm
#4 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 6:34:57 PM(UTC)
jonm

I don't know how it can be Linkpoints problem when they are using the same BVTools code that they were using in BV2004 which was working perfectly. When we moved to BV5 we could no longer do the things we used to do.
-Jonathan Moore
www.tvps.com
[email protected]
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 12:30:50 AM(UTC)
bobn@laurastamm.net

We had LinkPoint with BV4 and we switched to BV5. We are experiencing the same problems you described on BV5. However, we are using api on BV5 and we were using the other option on BV4. BV5 does not support the other option. So I don't think the API version would have transfered the order number either. I suspect api is more secure then the other option we were using.

I don't think it is BV's fault. I think it is a LinkPoint Api issue.

We are using Psigate on our Canadian Site. I think they are a little cheaper and they do bring the order number over. We will probably move to Psigate this fall.

Bob Noble
rwc
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 9:12:17 AM(UTC)
rwc

Thanks for the replies. We're on managed hosting with Resposio so I suppose I should get them to put the .pem file on the server then email me the path... Again, I appreciate the help. What's the best, easiest payment gateway to use with BV5?
Rick Whittington
Rick Whittington Consulting
http://www.rickwhittington.com
[email protected]
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 9:18:37 AM(UTC)
sales@rudystoys.com

my $.02:
Authorize.net
I have it on BVC 2004 and BVC 2005.
lcasey
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 2:05:01 PM(UTC)
lcasey

Authorize.NET.

We have experience with Linkpoint, Paymentech, Payflow Pro, and Authorize.NET. BVC4 & BVC5. Everyone in our experience with Authorize.NET is happy and those who had Linkpoint first are delighted with Authorize.NET.

Linette