• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Azam Ali
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:22:43 AM(UTC)
Azam Ali

Pakistan

Hi,

I want to add a new workflow task in Process Order workflow. It will be completely new workflow task(self coded). Do you people have any guild-line document for that purpose? I want to do this in the way, that website should remain up-gradable, and when upgraded, it should not overwrite custom workflow task code.

Also if you can provide a guid-line document to develop plugin like new payment option or guild line to add new fields in database for tables like product and orders. It will help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Azam.
Aaron
#2 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 9:54:08 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Azam Ali Go to Quoted Post
I want to add a new workflow task in Process Order workflow. It will be completely new workflow task(self coded). Do you people have any guild-line document for that purpose? I want to do this in the way, that website should remain up-gradable, and when upgraded, it should not overwrite custom workflow task code.

We don't have any documentation that I can point you to, but I can give you a quick overview. You'll want to create your custom workflow step class in either /App_Code or a new assembly (i.e. don't add it to the BVC Core assembly). Once your class is created you should add it to the TaskLoader.Custom.vb class in /App_Code. The regular TaskLoader.vb class is used for all of our workflow steps in the Core; TaskLoader.Custom.vb is intended for custom code and plugins.

Also if you can provide a guid-line document to develop plugin like new payment option or guild line to add new fields in database for tables like product and orders.

Here's a link to documentation on creating a custom payment gateway integration:

http://www.bvcommerce.co...ment-Gateway-Integration

As for custom database fields, your best bet is to use the CustomProperties property which is a collection of name/value pairs stored as XML in the database. This effectively allows you to create any number of custom fields without having to modify the database and stored procedures. If that won't work you may want to consider creating an extension table to contain your custom properties. You certainly can add a field to the existing tables, but it will require you to modify all of the corresponding stored procedures and class in the Core assembly.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
 1 user thanked Aaron for this useful post.
Azam Ali
#3 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 4:47:08 PM(UTC)
Azam Ali

Pakistan

Thanks Aaron, that seems to be enough information.
Azam Ali
#4 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 4:54:03 PM(UTC)
Azam Ali

Pakistan

Originally Posted by: Aaron Go to Quoted Post

Here's a link to documentation on creating a custom payment gateway integration:

http://www.bvcommerce.co...ment-Gateway-Integration

Can we add New Payment method plugin like you have Paypal Method without touching core code.There can be many other checkout options like google checkout.
Aaron
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:17:57 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Can we add New Payment method plugin like you have Paypal Method without touching core code.

Yes, the process is very similar.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012