• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

toolsup
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:45:51 AM(UTC)
toolsup

We are changing our Google feed from Google Merchant to Google Shopping so we can utilize the product type properties better to supply Google with required information.
One of the warnings I am getting using the Google Shopping Feed is "Missing recommended attribute: google product category". It is not part of the feed. It is part of the Google Merchant Feed.

Am I missing something? Or do I need to use the product type properties form this also?

Matt
Thanks Matt
Aaron
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:58:40 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: toolsup Go to Quoted Post
We are changing our Google feed from Google Merchant to Google Shopping so we can utilize the product type properties better to supply Google with required information

It sounds like the "Google Merchant" feed is something custom.

One of the warnings I am getting using the Google Shopping Feed is "Missing recommended attribute: google product category". It is not part of the feed. Am I missing something? Or do I need to use the product type properties form this also?

The "google product category" field is not included in the feed. It's not possible for us to determine what Google shopping category each of your products belong in. Take a look at the link below to learn more about Google's shopping categories and get a list of them:

https://support.google.c...ants/answer/160081?hl=en

For simple sites where the entire catalog fits nicely into a single category the easiest solution is to edit the feed to output that category for each products. Typically what we see is that a merchant's store contains a small subset of Google's shopping categories. In that case you should create a Multiple Choice type property containing those categories and assign them to your products.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
toolsup
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:09:11 AM(UTC)
toolsup

I was afraid that was the answer.
I would be nice to be able to assign it to the product using the import/export tool.
Then we would have to open every product to edit it.

thanks
Thanks Matt
Aaron
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 11:16:04 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
I would be nice to be able to assign it to the product using the import/export tool.

How would that work?
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
toolsup
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 12:33:31 PM(UTC)
toolsup

Technically I don't know.
It could be just another field in the product data, like the product name, price, ect. that would could be part of the import export process and also included in the Google Shopping Feed.

I am not sure how but in the Google Merchant Feed the Google category is included and completed.
Thanks Matt