• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Aaron
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:34:11 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Here's how we've decided to handle this:

• Add a CategoryBvins field to the product export which contains a comma-delimited list of category bvin values.
  • Create a new import/export to use on the product/category assignment page (where you can do the drag 'n drop ordering of items) so you have the ability to edit the sort order in bulk (since you can't do that with the CategoryBvins field above). Essentially this export will be of the bvc_ProductXCategory table (CategoryId, ProductId, SortOrder), though we may need to make it a little more user-friendly by adding the product SKU and/or name; otherwise all you would see is a list of bvin values.

Given that, I have two questions:

1. If a product is assigned to one or more categories, should a blank CategoryBvins field mean that you want to remove the product from all categories? I think so.
  2. With the new product/category import/export, should the import file always contain every product in the category? Meaning, if you export a category's products and then remove some from the list and re-import it, should that remove those products from the category? Normally this is not how the import process works (i.e. it only acts on data rows in the import), but this is somewhat of a unique case since the export only ever includes one category's products.

Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
Aaron
#22 Posted : Monday, August 4, 2014 2:23:47 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

^^^ Need feedback on the above!
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
RyanAce
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:43:53 PM(UTC)
RyanAce

United States

I've been using the Import Button to add products to the website. I thought everything was working fine.
The bug is when a customer checks out. BV will not calculate shipping for the items I imported. The only option available is will call for the customer to choose is will call.

If I edit the product then save without making changes BV now calculates the freight for UPS/USPS in the checkout for that item. I have over 1,000 items I need to change and save for customers to order them without problems. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any solutions to this issue?

File Attachment(s):
SAMPLE ITEM.txt (1kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Aaron
#24 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 11:02:37 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Ryan,

Your sample file won't import for me. I get an 'incorrect number of rows' error. So, I created my own test import file. Doing that I believe I see what the issue is: the ShipMode field defaults to "0" if you do not specify this field. A value of "0" means "None", so the application cannot calculate shipping on it. You'll need to specify "1" (ShipFromSite), "2" (ShipFromVendor), or "3" (ShipFromManufacturer) for rates to calculate. We'll see about changing this in the next release so it default to "1" if no value is specified.

Edited by user Friday, September 5, 2014 11:05:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
 1 user thanked Aaron for this useful post.
RyanAce
#25 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 11:59:00 AM(UTC)
RyanAce

United States

Thanks that just fixed my problem
zangxuma
#26 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 9:24:43 PM(UTC)

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
Aaron
#27 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2016 1:06:25 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Originally Posted by: Aaron Go to Quoted Post
Here's how we've decided to handle this:

• Add a CategoryBvins field to the product export which contains a comma-delimited list of category bvin values.
  • Create a new import/export to use on the product/category assignment page (where you can do the drag 'n drop ordering of items) so you have the ability to edit the sort order in bulk (since you can't do that with the CategoryBvins field above). Essentially this export will be of the bvc_ProductXCategory table (CategoryId, ProductId, SortOrder), though we may need to make it a little more user-friendly by adding the product SKU and/or name; otherwise all you would see is a list of bvin values.

Given that, I have two questions:

1. If a product is assigned to one or more categories, should a blank CategoryBvins field mean that you want to remove the product from all categories? I think so.
  2. With the new product/category import/export, should the import file always contain every product in the category? Meaning, if you export a category's products and then remove some from the list and re-import it, should that remove those products from the category? Normally this is not how the import process works (i.e. it only acts on data rows in the import), but this is somewhat of a unique case since the export only ever includes one category's products.

This functionality was added in the BV Commerce 2015 release (2015.0.3.961).
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
happen
#28 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 1:53:28 AM(UTC)

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
2 Pages<12