• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

efficientlight
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:49:59 AM(UTC)
efficientlight

Been with BV for many years but some of the limitations on export eg sales info / transaction lists etc are just too significant to continue. Can anyone help?

We have also never got a resolution to a Google product feed export since Google changed their google product algorithm ~2 years ago...! 2 years of no products listed on google shopping is an expensive problem to have with our website.

Some 5 years later we still struggle massively with the import tool on BV.

We've been advised off upgrading our 5.4 version as the newer upgraded versions are "too buggy".

Very frustrating if anyone can help it would be appreciated
Cheers Giles - Efficient Light

Aaron
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:54:52 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Giles,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had so many issues! As you may or may not know, our company acquired the rights to BV Commerce in December and have actively been developing a new version. Take a look at the feature list and then take it for a test-drive with our demo store.

Let me address each of your issues:

Originally Posted by: efficientlight Go to Quoted Post
Been with BV for many years but some of the limitations on export eg sales info / transaction lists etc are just too significant to continue. Can anyone help?

BV Commerce 2013 includes a feature that we call the "feed engine". The feed engine allows a novice developer to quickly and easily build text file exports from the system. There is an example order export for T-Hub that is included and could be adapted to suit your needs.

However, since you're using Sage, you should talk with Jenny Bailey at Discover IT. I know that they have a BV Commerce integration with Sage. They are also a BV Commerce partner, so you can be assured that they are competent with the platform.

We have also never got a resolution to a Google product feed export since Google changed their google product algorithm ~2 years ago...! 2 years of no products listed on google shopping is an expensive problem to have with our website.

BV Commerce 2013 includes a new Google Shopping feed that meets the current feed standards.

Some 5 years later we still struggle massively with the import tool on BV.

Yes, this tool definitely has issues. In BV Commerce 2013 it is replaced with a web-based version.

We've been advised off upgrading our 5.4 version as the newer upgraded versions are "too buggy".

BV Commerce 5.7 and 5.8 are very stable, but if you're looking to upgrade I would wait for the 2013 version that will be released next month.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
jbailey
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:16:29 AM(UTC)
jbailey

Hi Giles,

Aaron mentioned that we can help with integration from a BVC store to Sage 50. There are 2 ways of integrating with Sage.

First is real-time 2-way communication where the prices are displayed on the store directly from Sage and the stock levels can also be integrated. The order and customer information is inserted into Sage immediately when an order is placed. This is quite complex to implement (mainly due to the structure of the Sage database).

The second is a one-way communication where the order information is exported from the store and you can use a tool such as Tradebox to import them into Sage on a scheduled basis. I am not completely sure how the new "feed engine" works in BV 2013 but it is likely this will allow you to export the orders in a format that can be imported into Tradebox and then into Sage.

I hope this helps.

Jenny
www.discoverit.co.uk
Jenny Bailey
Discover IT (UK) Ltd
www.discoverit.co.uk