• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

concurrent
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:05:00 AM(UTC)
concurrent

We're currently using 5.0.0.518, a beta version, of BVC5. We just started customizing it, via the master pages, header/footer, and css.

When we click on a product, the product page does have an Add Wishlist button, but no add cart button. I've searched the settings for a cause to no avail, and when I view source, I do see

td align="left" valign="top"
span id="Anthem_ctl00_MainContentHolder_AddToCartButton1_btnAdd__"

/span

div id="wishlist"
<input type="image" name="ctl00$MainContentHolder$AddToWishlist1$AddToWishlist" id="ctl00_MainContentHolder_AddToWishlist1_AddToWishlist" src="../BVModules/Themes/Bvc5/images/buttons/AddToWishList.png" onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions("ctl00$MainContentHolder$AddToWishlist1$AddToWishlist", "", true, "", "", false, false))" style="border-width:0px;" /

It seems like it's trying to display the shopping cart button..

So, this mystery and other things led us to upgrade to another version of 5 and install it on my own machine. It goes through the process without a problem, and it creates a store without a problem, but that store is not functional. When i go to it, it asks me for the admin password, but the password given in the manual is not working. Our front-page error (localhost/storename) is 'Cannot find table(0)'. When I created the store, it said all the necessary components were present, including sql server, and licensing information is showing up when I check the store info.

Any idea what could be going on in either case?
Noah
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:08:38 PM(UTC)
Noah

Not sure on the first but it's the connection string on the second. Make sure the SQL user account you are using has login rights to the DB.
Noah
concurrent
#3 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2006 2:18:35 PM(UTC)
concurrent

Yes, you were right -- we solved it (with support's help) by modifying the connection string. It was a login-mode issue with using mixed mode and integrated security.

The shopping cart button was luckily visible in the upgrade.