• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

GG
#1 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 9:31:02 PM(UTC)
GG

I am creating a custom page to list out all our store locations, but I wanted to make sure I do this right...

What is the best practice for creating these??? Is it best to create my HTML elsewhere and paste it into the text box or is it better to just create like a html page and just paste in the include file? I want to keep it simple so even a non-html programmer can maintain it.

Thanks
dotnetdiva
#2 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 10:08:52 PM(UTC)
dotnetdiva

I like the custom page feature that you just put the HTML content inside... You can create the html elsewhere or just type it in. You don't have to include the whole page's HTML <html><head>etc... and it will wrap your site's design around it automatically.

So just think content... very simple.
Angela
Attached to Baby

http://www.attachedtobaby.com

"closer to your heart... do you don't miss a beat."

JPace
#3 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2007 3:37:22 PM(UTC)
JPace

We made a template wrap for our content with &lt;!-- tags --&gt; so if it needs to be modified they just change the content between the tags. This way you can make it look as pretty as you want and they won't have to mess with that part. We also used this for the Description for our Catagory Pages. See below.

Example below:

&lt;table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"&gt;
&lt;tr height="52"&gt;
&lt;td width="5"&gt;&lt;img src="/Images/MainPage/header_left_top.jpg"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td style="background-image: url(/Images/MainPage/header_top2.jpg)"&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td width="5"&gt;&lt;img src="/Images/MainPage/header_right_top.jpg"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td style="background-image: url(/Images/MainPage/header_left.jpg); background-repeat: repeat-y;"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td style="background-color: #E8E8E8; vertical-align: top;"&gt;

&lt;table cellspacing="0' cellpadding="0" border="0"&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td class="style_content"&gt;&lt;div align="center"&gt;

&lt;!-- Main Content Start --&gt;

&lt;strong&gt;Free Shipping on any Victorinox Travel Gear over $100!&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;br&gt; Victorinox, Makers of the Original Swiss Army Knife is an icon for function and durability. This brand is known worldwide for the Swiss Tracker Global Bag Tracking Program and their warranties.&lt;br&gt;
Mobilizer NXT 3.0 is world renowned for its high performance materials and sophisticated styling.

&lt;!-- Main Content Stop --&gt;

&lt;/div&gt;

&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td style="background-image: url(/Images/MainPage/header_right.jpg); background-repeat: repeat-y;"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr height="42"&gt;
&lt;td colspan="3" style="background-image: url(/Images/CustomPage/bluefoot2.jpg); background-repeat: repeat-n;"&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/table&gt;

&lt;br&gt;
Jason Pace