• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MGTD
#1 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 11:53:55 AM(UTC)
MGTD

United States

Upgraded from BVC5.3.2 to 2017.

Several months ago Fed Ex Ground stopped sending shipping rates back. I waited to tackle this til after I got 2017 up and running.

Is there a 'pretty please?' button I'm not aware of? All of my information has been entered correctly. There must be something else..... perhaps an additional code, PW, number from Fed Ex...?

Edit: I used to use Shipper til that broke several years ago. Is this still available?

Thanks.

Edited by user Friday, February 23, 2018 11:56:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aaron
#2 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 3:13:45 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MGTD Go to Quoted Post
Upgraded from BVC5.3.2 to 2017.

Several months ago Fed Ex Ground stopped sending shipping rates back.

This was likely when FedEx stopped accepting TLS 1.0. Their official date was 7/15/2017 at which point only BVC 2017 and above would be able to get rates from FedEx,

All of my information has been entered correctly. There must be something else..... perhaps an additional code, PW, number from Fed Ex...?

Try enabling Diagnostics Mode in your FedEx shipping method settings. Then check for a rate on the checkout page. Now go to your Audit Log and look for the request and response log entries. The response log entry should give a clue to what is going wrong.

I used to use Shipper til that broke several years ago. Is this still available?

Shipper was purchased by another company who seemingly did nothing with the product. We finally got tired of the situation and built an integration with what we feel is the market leader, ShipStation. You can learn all about it here:

http://www.bvcommerce.co...gration-with-BV-Commerce
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
MGTD
#3 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 3:44:09 PM(UTC)
MGTD

United States

First, the log entry shows my authentications (key, PW, meter, etc....): General: system: FEDEX-DEBUG jzYFILwY5E9snxxxx,Roycrxxxx,238979xxxx,11193xxxx

Next is: FEDEX ERROR | Authentication Failed

This cycle is repeated a few times. The info shown and transmitted is correct.

I just had a quick look at setting up Shipstation. Could I need to make a new admin to transmit to FedEx similar to this need in Shipstation?

IIRC, it was Andy Miller with Shipper back in 2005 or so....?. I'll have a look at your new one.

Thanks

Edited by user Friday, February 23, 2018 3:46:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aaron
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:17:52 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

FEDEX ERROR | Authentication Failed...The info shown and transmitted is correct.

I'm fairly certain that the only way you could get this error is if your account credentials (key, password, account number, and/or meter number) aren't working. You should verify all of these with FedEx.

Could I need to make a new admin to transmit to FedEx similar to this need in Shipstation?

FedEx and ShipStation setups are completely different. For FedEx, they provide you with all of the credentials. ShipStation is the other way around (i.e. you provide their system with credentials that you create in BVC).
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
MGTD
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 3:21:10 PM(UTC)
MGTD

United States

Thanks Aaron. I'll hit FedEx Mon-Tues and let you know.... I'll be hooking up with Shipstation too.
MGTD
#6 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 12:44:27 PM(UTC)
MGTD

United States

I got hold of Fed Ex tech on the phone. After signing in on their site and asking for and getting authentications (or in my case, a new authentication for an existing account), you also have to get a new password. There wasn't an obvious way to do this while on their site, they don't ask you to create a new one, nor did I see any instructions that there would be a new one coming later.

They email a new password to you. If you miss this important (and to me totally unnecessary) step you don't get to play in their pool with a password that hasn't been changed since the dark ages.

It's working, shipping rates are now coming though to the checkout page.

Sometimes, it's the dumb crap that gets you hung up. New password...

Thanks Aaron.
Aaron
#7 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 2:40:43 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

I'm glad that you got it figured out. FedEx definitely doesn't make it as easy as UPS does.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce