• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

michael_b
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 11:57:17 AM(UTC)
michael_b

1. How can I rearrange Names in Top Nav Menu, make it not in alphabetical order as it is now. For example I want to have a SALE tab as a last option in Top Nav menu or move something to the front or to the end.

2. In Top Nav menu, If I add something like “All available Full Motion Mounts” under the main ‘TV Mounts’, the “All available Full Motion Mounts” gets broken to two rows. How do I expand the width or prevent that this won’t happen?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 6, 2017 12:00:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nathan
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:34:17 PM(UTC)
Nathan

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello.

1. The order the navigation links display is dictated by the order of categories in admin (Admin > Catalog > Categories). Using the demo store as an example... If I wanted to swap BMX and Mountain Bikes in the top navigation, I'd change their order using the up/down arrows at the right side of each row here: https://demo.bvcommerce..../Catalog/Categories.aspx

If your store is set up like the demo store, you're already using the Category Menu Plus content block to generate your navigation. See demo store admin here: https://demo.bvcommerce....4-4f8f-99fe-037dd8b19554

If you're using the old Category Menu content block, you might consider replacing it with Category Menu Plus.

2. If you've duplicated the Bootstrap theme as the starting point for your store theme, you'll need to add a new property to a CSS rule in the following stylesheet: /BVModules/Themes/YOUR THEME FOLDER/MobileMenu/responsive-nav.css

Around line 82 you'll find this rule:

Quote:
.resp-menu .categorymenuplus > ul > li > ul > li a {
color: #fff;
font-size: 14px;
line-height: 32px;
margin-right: 0;
padding: 0 15px;
}

Add white-space:nowrap; and your dropdown links will force the drop down wider.

Like this...

Quote:
.resp-menu .categorymenuplus > ul > li > ul > li a {
color: #fff;
font-size: 14px;
line-height: 32px;
margin-right: 0;
padding: 0 15px;
white-space:nowrap;
}

Edited by user Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:35:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nathan Baker
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
michael_b
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:22:30 PM(UTC)
michael_b

#1. The Navigation links display order worked as you described great! Thanks!

#2. I didn't duplicate the Bootstrap theme, do I have to do that? If yes, does that mean that I would need to create and assign everything(all Categories and Sub Categories in NAV) what I already did for Top Nav again?

*I also want to make sure that with the next BV release I would need to make minimum changes to my existing code.

Thank you Nathan!
Nathan
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 3:30:10 PM(UTC)
Nathan

2. No. You don't have to duplicate bootstrap. Be careful in the future that you don't overwrite your changes inside the bootstrap theme. Of course, either way you'll potentially have to merge theme changes in future versions into your theme.

Work that you've done so far setting up your navigation would not be effected by duplicating, renaming and switching your theme.

Bottom line. Both ways (1. duplicating 2. editing bootstrap theme directly) will potentially require some work to merge in changes/bug fixes that occur between now and then.

Nathan Baker
BV Commerce
michael_b
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:30:56 PM(UTC)
michael_b

Nathan,

The "white-space:nowrap;" work as charm, thank you!

There are couple of other issues I noticed in Top Nav (please see attached file)

#1. 'Level 2' options don't have a hoover option.
#2. 'Level 2' options not visible unless you click on 'Level 1' option and go to that page. I think all the options in 'Level 2' should be available/visible and you can navigate to from any page, right?

Thank you.
michael_b attached the following image(s):
Top-Nav.jpg (115kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Nathan
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:09:16 PM(UTC)
Nathan

1. It sounds like you want to expose another level of navigation beyond what you are currently showing. Is that correct? That would expose the fourth level categories in the top navigation.

2. Can you post a screen grab of the settings page in admin for the Category Menu Plus content block that is assigned to the Nav content column.

Tip: You can navigate through admin to locate that block (Content > Content Columns > Nav + edit > Category Menu Plus + Edit). But there is a much easier way. To edit that content block, log in as admin and go to the homepage. Find the admin bar at the bottom of the screen and click the link that reads "Display Edit Links". Each of the content columns on the page will be highlighted in a semi transparent red overlay. Since the navigation is a content column which contains a content block it will be highlighted. Clicking anywhere on the highlighted navigation will take you directly to the edit screen in admin for the Nav content column. There you'll find the Category Menu Plus content block we're looking for. Click the Edit button.

Edited by user Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:09:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nathan Baker
BV Commerce
michael_b
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:53:40 PM(UTC)
michael_b

Nathan,

1. I'm not trying to expose another level of navigation beyond what you are currently see on the attached file in my previous post. Only "Level 1" and "level 2". What I was trying to say is:

The "Level 2" options NOT visible until I click on "Level 1" link and follow the link. Once I get to the next page I do see the "Level 2" links in Nav.

Just fyi, I can send you the link to my test area to see the issue if you give me your email address.

2. Please see attached Category Menu Plus screenshot.

Thank you.
File Attachment(s):
category-plus-settings.jpg (436kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Nathan
#8 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 7:54:21 AM(UTC)
Nathan

Ah. OK. I understand.

Change the Category Menu Plus setting labeled "Default Expanded Depth" to 3. That should do the trick. You should then be able to see your level 2 links from anywhere on the site.
Nathan Baker
BV Commerce
michael_b
#9 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 8:36:07 AM(UTC)
michael_b

It worked. Thank you!

The only one issue left with the Nav that I mentioned before is 'Level 2' options don't have a hoover option.
Nathan
#10 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 1:52:42 PM(UTC)
Nathan

Would a font color change suffice for your hover effect? That's quite simple to implement.

Open the responsive-nav.css file (bvmodules/themes/YOUR THEME/mobilemenu/) and add this:

.resp-menu .categorymenuplus > ul > li > ul > li > ul > li:hover a {color:red;}

to line 89.

Nathan Baker
BV Commerce
michael_b
#11 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2017 4:22:07 PM(UTC)
michael_b

I don't think we change color of links anywhere in top NAV...what we change is the background color...the code you attached is making the Links in 'Level 2" in red color, not the background...

Currently background in "Level 2" is dark grey...nothing gets changed when I mouse over any links in "Level 2". I think the background in "Level 2" should be light grey and dark grey on hoover

Edited by user Friday, September 8, 2017 4:32:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aaron
#12 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 9:06:10 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Michael,

The third-level (what you're calling "level 2") of nav is not styled (beyond what is inherited) in the out-of-the-box Boostrap theme. You are welcome to extend the styles as you see fit. The theme, after all, is merely a [excellent] starting point for a custom design.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
michael_b
#13 Posted : Monday, September 11, 2017 9:09:00 AM(UTC)
michael_b

I thought maybe there's an option in Admin to make that work that I don't know about.

Anyways, thank you Aaron!