• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TKatch
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:26:36 PM(UTC)
TKatch

I would love to get some feedback on this new file upload option I'm offering for embroidering logos on a karate belt. The layout looks different in various browsers (IE, Chrome, FF), so not sure what to do about that.

Until now, customers have had to email a logo for a price quote. New logos require a one-time digitizing cost as well.

See "Logo Embroidery": http://www.kataaro.com/P...-ORDER__E49412-COPY.aspx

Thanks!
Tom
Aaron
#2 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 6:26:29 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TKatch Go to Quoted Post
I would love to get some feedback on this new file upload option I'm offering for embroidering logos on a karate belt. ... Until now, customers have had to email a logo for a price quote. New logos require a one-time digitizing cost as well.

Here are my thoughts, in no particular order:

• For the "Production" option, I wonder if it would be better to cast it as 'expedited production' rather than just saying "1 week".
  • With dropdowns I think it's a good idea to make it clear, visually, that a choice needs to be made. Two ways to do this is to use all lowercase text for your initial value and wrap it a space followed by a dash (i.e. " - choose a size - ") or add a question mark to the end of your initial value (i.e. "Text Direction?"). I generally prefer the former, but it doesn't always make sense.
  • The notes that you've added to the "Rank Stripes" and "Logo Embroidery" steps should probably be at the top of the steps rather than at the bottom.
  • Making some of your options a visual choice, rather than a dropdown, would probably be an improvement. Image radio button lists are one way to achieve this out-of-the-box, but the layout might not work. Beyond that you can always create custom options like this.
Originally Posted by: TKatch Go to Quoted Post
The layout looks different in various browsers (IE, Chrome, FF), so not sure what to do about that.

If you're talking about the 'browse...' button, yes, this will vary depending how the web browser implements it. If you're talking about something else, then it's probably an issue with your theme.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
 1 user thanked Aaron for this useful post.
TKatch
#3 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 12:16:04 PM(UTC)
TKatch

Great advise, Aaron. I implemented some of your suggestions right away. Thanks!