• Toll-free  888-665-8637
  • International  +1 717-220-0012
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
blwhite
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:44:14 PM(UTC)
blwhite

Aaron,

Can you shoot me the pricing for the drilldown widget and the specifics on it? I think the customer we're working with might really like to add that to their site. Also since you have been doing so much work with the search, I figure you might be the guy to ask. Have you guys looked into or been able to come up with any way to increase the performance of the keyword search? I've noticed even on your moddernbathroom site if you search for "stainless steel sink" it wil hang for 6 seconds or so before coming back. We're seeing the same thing but are at somewhat of a loss on correcting it.

Thanks!
Ben

[email protected]
Aaron
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:19:58 PM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: "Titan" Go to Quoted Post
Also since you have been doing so much work with the search, I figure you might be the guy to ask. Have you guys looked into or been able to come up with any way to increase the performance of the keyword search? I've noticed even on your moddernbathroom site if you search for "stainless steel sink" it wil hang for 6 seconds or so before coming back. We're seeing the same thing but are at somewhat of a loss on correcting it.

Funny you should ask. We actually have developed a much faster and more accurate site search engine that allows you to tailor the search results. In addition to selecting which fields can be searched like the current BV search, you can assign weights to matches in each field. So, for example, a match in the SKU field could be weighted higher than a match in the Long Description field.
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
Aaron
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:41:23 AM(UTC)
Aaron

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: "Aaron" Go to Quoted Post
Funny you should ask. We actually have developed a much faster and more accurate site search engine that allows you to tailor the search results. In addition to selecting which fields can be searched like the current BV search, you can assign weights to matches in each field. So, for example, a match in the SKU field could be weighted higher than a match in the Long Description field.

We've released the site search add-on. You can find the details here: http://forums.bvcommerce.com/de...lt.aspx?f=91&m=68764
Aaron Sherrick
BV Commerce
Toll-free 888-665-8637 - Int'l +1 717-220-0012
HPros
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:56:33 PM(UTC)
HPros

Thanks and as always nice work. You guys have done a very good job within the community.

PromoManagers Promotional Items
2 Pages<12